How does Nokia maps compare to Bing and Google maps, especially in WP8? I have found Bing maps useful on my WP, but Google maps seem to offer more functionality. I've never used Nokia maps, so how are they?
    08-16-2012 09:09 PM
    I like Nokia Maps and Nokia Drive. I really can't give you a detailed difference. Have a lookie here: Nokia Maps - City and Country Maps - Driving Directions - Satellite Views - Routes
    08-16-2012 09:31 PM
    Thanks Palandri, that looks pretty nice. I can't wait to see how they integrate on WP8!
    08-16-2012 09:42 PM
    Does Nokia still own NavTeq? Just wondering. I have a truck with the built in factory Nav system and it uses the NavTeq DVD for it's maps. I can say, over the past 4 years of ownership with it, they(NavTeq) has had pretty good mapping and POI service. I'm just waiting a few more months to see if an update for their maps/poi's are coming before I buy a new disk.
    08-17-2012 03:03 AM
    Does Nokia still own NavTeq? Just wondering. I have a truck with the built in factory Nav system and it uses the NavTeq DVD for it's maps. I can say, over the past 4 years of ownership with it, they(NavTeq) has had pretty good mapping and POI service. I'm just waiting a few more months to see if an update for their maps/poi's are coming before I buy a new disk.
    Yes, Nokia stills owns Navteq, and the last I heard is they were planning on doing away with the Navteq name, and call it Nokia Maps & Commerce, or something close to that.
    08-17-2012 10:17 AM
    Check out this latest articele:

Location, Windows Phone 8 and Nokia
    08-17-2012 11:00 AM
    I like Bing better. Few reasons. Here in the US Nokia maps does call out street names. In high traffic areas with lots of close streets "turn in right in 50 ft" isn't enough.and sometimes it calls the turns later than I think it should. Bing, calls out everything in a timely manner....but you have to tap the screen which sucks sometimes. But it rarely have to get redirected. Both are good though. I just prefer Bing here in the US.

Sent from my PI86100 using Board Express
    08-17-2012 11:07 AM
    Check out this latest articele:

Location, Windows Phone 8 and Nokia
    Thanks for the article!
    palandri likes this.
    08-17-2012 02:21 PM
    Thanks for the article!
    I thought it was hilarious that you were just talking about Nokia maps and this article magically appears. :D
    08-17-2012 02:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD