Nokia maps

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
How does Nokia maps compare to Bing and Google maps, especially in WP8? I have found Bing maps useful on my WP, but Google maps seem to offer more functionality. I've never used Nokia maps, so how are they?

johnmcd348

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Does Nokia still own NavTeq? Just wondering. I have a truck with the built in factory Nav system and it uses the NavTeq DVD for it's maps. I can say, over the past 4 years of ownership with it, they(NavTeq) has had pretty good mapping and POI service. I'm just waiting a few more months to see if an update for their maps/poi's are coming before I buy a new disk.

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
Does Nokia still own NavTeq? Just wondering. I have a truck with the built in factory Nav system and it uses the NavTeq DVD for it's maps. I can say, over the past 4 years of ownership with it, they(NavTeq) has had pretty good mapping and POI service. I'm just waiting a few more months to see if an update for their maps/poi's are coming before I buy a new disk.

Yes, Nokia stills owns Navteq, and the last I heard is they were planning on doing away with the Navteq name, and call it Nokia Maps & Commerce, or something close to that.

cp2_4eva

Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
I like Bing better. Few reasons. Here in the US Nokia maps does call out street names. In high traffic areas with lots of close streets "turn in right in 50 ft" isn't enough.and sometimes it calls the turns later than I think it should. Bing, calls out everything in a timely manner....but you have to tap the screen which sucks sometimes. But it rarely have to get redirected. Both are good though. I just prefer Bing here in the US.

Sent from my PI86100 using Board Express

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
infohills