Switching to outlook

Zerveone

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys, i need Your help:

I wanted to ask You about switching to @outlook from @hotmail. What data from the phone is connected to our acconuts? I mean if i entirely switch an account (from one to another) do i lose all app purchase history and i'm going to have to buy them again?

Problem is, that i have my old @hotmail account and i've created a separate, new one on @outlook. I'd really like to get the <myname>@outlook.com address but if it's going to erase all my app history data, it's not worth it. I have read in the comments section of the Outlook article that closing an outlook account can last up to 270 days for alias to be available again...

Or is there any option to migrate all my "data" from old @hotmail account to a different @outlook account?

Any advices?

Mio_Ray

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
No he means the outlook.com upgrade. Everything is transferred, but You have to hard reset Your Phone.

Sent from my Lumia 800 using Board Express

Zerveone

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
I have two separate accounts:
One: @hotmail account, synced with my phone with all the data
Second: new, unused @outlook account with no data.

I'd really like to get second <username>@outlook alias, but i can't upgrade my first account to outlook with THAT alias, as it's taken by my second account.
Is there any way to migrate my data from first (@hotmail) account to second (@outlook) one? Those are 2 separate accounts (i don't have an Xbox)

Or if i close the second (@outlook) one, do i really have to wait up to 270 days for that alias to be available again so i can upgrade my old @hotmail to @outlook with desired alias.

In case of changing my entire account to @outlook (just signing up my WP after HR with the second account instead of @hotmail) do i lose all app purchase data?

Sorry for that confusion i make, but i'm trying to be as clear as my english skills let me to.

Guzzler3

May 4, 2012
Visit site
Delete the second account. The wait time for deletion is "UP TO" 270 days. Sometimes it goes quicker. When I was messing around right when Outlook.com came, I did the same thing in my confusion (created a new account). When I deleted the new account, it went away instantly (I may have been really lucky).

Then setup the second account as an alias, or just rename the first account to the second account.

I don't know about app purchases, and how they will work out when changing over to Outlook.com (you might loose them). Also, I've read that you may have to reset your current phone back to factory to get it sync with the new Outlook.com.

OR, you may just need to wait till WP8 comes out. Supposedly they might have things worked out then. Remember Outlook.com is in "Preview" mode right now.

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
I created an @outlook account in haste when the announcement first came out and before reading the fine print. I decided to create an (similar, not the same) alias that I could use to migrate from my @hotmail account instead. But I accidentally created the alias in @outlook instead of @hotmail. Duh. So I deleted the @outlook alias (just the added alias) and have been trying to create it in @hotmail ever since, with no luck. Don't know if someone snatched it up in the meantime, which is always a risk, or I have to wait months for it.

If I don't get the alias, and if Microsoft does not create a "simple" way to migrate "all" of my accounts from @hotmail to my new @outlook account, I will stick with the @hotmail account forever. Its just a name and I am not going to jump through hoops or lose anything because of it. ****, I still have an "original" AOL account.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express Pro

Zerveone

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
Thank you, Guys. That really helped me. I'll try deleting that second outlook account and renaming my hotmail account shortly after.

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 800 using Board Express

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
infohills