Nokia Lumia 900 speech to text.

Larry48

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
Hi all,
I am new to the Windows phone. I have had my Nokia Lumia 900 less than a month. Altho I am disappointed by the number of apps available that is really not the issue I am having. I text a lot and I love to talk to the phone and make it type what I say. When I do this it doesn't put the proper punctuation in the sentence. The other problem is IF I stop talking and then want to add to the text it wipes all the text out and starts fresh. For example..... If I want to send a text to my friend Kathy that reads, Hi Kathy. How are you today? I touch the microphone button on the screen and it tells me to say my message. I do that but it all comes out together "Hi kathy how are you today." I cannot input any punctuation in the sentence unless I do it with the keyboard. If I Just say, Hi kathy and stop the hit the microphone button to continue it wipes out the " Hi kathy and then puts in "How are you today?' Is there an app that will resolve this? Or am I in a canoe with no paddle headed up you know what creek? LOL I would really appreciate any help!

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
One thing I know about these TTS things it has to learn you first. Then it gets better but out the box, they don't seem to recognize much of what you say. It gets better but don't expect perfection. With the possible exception of what you can do with Windows 7 voice recognition, which is quite good on the desktop, on the phone its not good.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bradhism