Windows Live ID service not available right now

Demidar

Aug 19, 2012
Visit site
Here is the issue i have been running into.
I have tried:
  1. HTC Titan (Euro ROM)
  2. HTC Titan II (ATT Unlocked)
  3. HTC Radar 4G (Unlocked)
I have tried two differant Live ID's

I am using Straight Talk with a manually added APN

The issue seems to be that when running over data i canno't access microsoft services. I will have access to the internet and will go to differant websites with no issue. However when i try to search using bing it will say no connection. I cannot download applications from the marketplace (Windows Live ID service not available right now).

However when i hook up to wifi (from two differant networks) it connects just fine, and all microsoft services work as expected.

Has anyone else run into this issue?

Does anyone have any troubleshooting steps to suggest?

Update: Tried an active T-Mobile sim card as well, still having the issue.

Last edited:

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
So when your next billing cycle starts with Straight Talk, will you be able to access Microsoft Services and Bing?

Demidar

Aug 19, 2012
Visit site
So when your next billing cycle starts with Straight Talk, will you be able to access Microsoft Services and Bing?
So far it does not seem to be a network issue, stright talk allows me to access data via internet explorer, but the microsoft services do not work. Also just got done trying an active t-mobile card in the radar and it also still has the issue. I think there is something wonky eigther with all of my Live IDs or HTC Phones cannot get certificates or something over data.

But everything does work 100% when connected to Wi-Fi.

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
If your Live ID is working over WiFi, then that's not the problem. And as I believe other users are on Straight Talk, and everything is working (except maybe MMS), that narrows things further. Either the APN setup on your phones, or something on your ST account blocking access.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express Pro

Demidar

Aug 19, 2012
Visit site
If your Live ID is working over WiFi, then that's not the problem. And as I believe other users are on Straight Talk, and everything is working (except maybe MMS), that narrows things further. Either the APN setup on your phones, or something on your ST account blocking access.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express Pro
I was thinking the same thing, so i tried using a t-mobile SIM card with a similar result. Interenet access works fine, microsoft services only work on Wi-Fi. With the T-Mobile card on the radar i did not use an APN so that narrows it down further to something on microsoft servers. Furthermore i also believe this started after the Outlook.com went live. And i did not convert my Live account, but i did make a new outlook.com live ID which also does not work over data.

eric12341

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
How much data did you use on ST? They could be blocking access to those " data heavy services". This is why I stick with the major carriers it seems that these MVNOs can just do what they want whenever.

Demidar

Aug 19, 2012
Visit site
So i was able to get it working. When using the SIMs i was putting in the APN, Proxy and Port #. If i only use just the APN and nothing else in the field it started working correctly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3