So what keeps YOU around?

eric12341

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
For me it is easy. I have a Titan 2, and my phone before was a HD7. I really like the additions that HTC has added to its devices over Nokia and Samsung. #1 Attentive Phone should be standard on every Windows Phone. #2. The camera is just great.

What keeps me in the ecosystem is mostly Bing. I can't tell you how much I use Bing it isn't even funny. On my desktop I use both Google and Bing, but the built in Bing Search is 2nd to none. I won't even consider Android but it probably works the same. I love how I can search for a restaurant and get directions using Bing Local faster than anybody who has iphone or even android.

The other reasons why I have stayed besides the OS, is how many choices you have over what you want in a phone. Honestly if Apple ever makes an iphone that is 4.3 inches. I might switch back. 4 inches is way too small still for me.

The UI in the OS is great. I don't feel like my phone is boring anymore. I am concerned that I won't like 7.8 - wp8 start screen. I really liked the black space to the right of the phone. It makes Windows Phone look unique. The new start screen has the potential to really look cluttered.

Why would you switch back to an iPhone after experiencing the greatness of WP? Especially with WP8 on the verge of release.

cgk

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
I should add to my earlier answer

I'm too cheap to buy a phone until a) it breaks or b) I convince a company to give me one for free.

anodynamic

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
I guess I have to add something a bit more creative to the thing about it feeling "just right". The feeling I got when I managed to find a store that actually had a WP phone and got to try it hands-on the first time... it was like the feeling you get after walking a day in a pair of new shoes, and then come home and switch to that three year old pair that's about to fall apart but you can't bear to throw away because they are so damned comfortable.

I don't think "Windows Phone - feels like old shoes!" would make a very good tagline, though... :D

dtristan111

Aug 17, 2012
Visit site
-> iOS and Android look and feel like Windows 95 on a mobile device compared to WP7.
-> great devices at lower prices, Android devices at the same price range are crap
-> its the underdog

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Why would you switch back to an iPhone after experiencing the greatness of WP? Especially with WP8 on the verge of release.

Mostly because even thou the App catalog is growing. It gets kind of frusterating when some apps don't work because the API changed. You have to use 3rd party apps to work and when the API changes, you are SOL, and I don't like relying on it. The 2nd is the absence of major players in the app catalog. For Example like Instagram. Lastly what frusterates me is that WP8 apps won't work with my Titan 2. will WP9 apps works with WP8. I go with history and what happened with WM 6.5 =/ WP7 =/ WP8.

While apps for iphone 3gs = 4= 4s = iphone 5 accept for any hardware limitations which is totally understandable.

I think if they don't add backwards and forward compatibility then it will not just deter me but many others.

I will also wait to see if my Titan 2 will get WP 7.8. If it doesn't another reason to leave the platform.

I love the live tiles, I love how the look of some apps look, while others apps look half complete. I like the hotmail/outlook integration. I like how most of the apps I use work pretty good... The reason why I left the iphone is because of the smaller screen. I like a bigger screen and I think 4.3 inches i the perfect size. I won't have to worry about 3rd party apps because I have a 1st party app.

Lastly the reason is that I own a Mac, there is no Zune for the MAC. Iphone plays nicely with PC's and MACs while Microsoft doesn't support MACs. I can't use my icloud (Apple's fault) with my windows phone. Only as a POP3 email, but no contact or calendar sync. Yet on my MAC, I can't sync my Calendar or contacts with mail or calendar apps or even outlook 2011. If I had an iphone, I could just use hotmail as email and use my icloud for syncing important data like calendar, apps, and contacts.

I really hope that Windows Phone and Hotmail/Microsoft Accounts really add more flexiablity to Windows Phone and with Macs. I like the user interface of Windows Phone. I am not a fan yet of the new start screen but I haven't seen it personally to try it out, it might be a better start screen, who knows... Also lastly the reason I love my Windows Phone is the built in Bing Search, especially when I am on vacation. The Camera is great on my Titan 2. Battery life is good and it makes good phone calls.

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site

For the second part of your question, My Titan 2 will never be a WP8 device. So to have a windows phone 8 device I would have to pay for a new one. WIth an iPhone I wouldn't have to worry about this as at least since the 3gs, the 3gs has had iOS 3.0, 4.0, 5.0 and now 6.0 once it is released. yet my TItan 2 will only get 1 major upgrade, 7.8 and that isn't even confirmed.

speedfreak228

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
Every time i upgraded my iphone to the New os my Phone begun to slow down. Apple just let's you update with out telling you that your phone is going to go to crap. MS didn't do that, go get you an android as they get outdated every couple of months. Most phones don't have ics and yet jellybean is coming on new phones.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
I tried iOS for about 2 months before even hearing about Windows Phone. There were some things I liked. Definitely a quality product. But I couldn't really get into it. I'm not sure why. It just didn't win me over.

I pondered getting an Android device. However, they seemed to be hit and miss. And I heard about apps that would work well on some devices, but not others. My wife picked up an Android tablet, and it was so slow. This was with a dual core processor in it.

When I first heard about Windows Phone, my first reaction seeing it in motion was one of awe. It was just so simple and fluid. It was beautiful in its simplicity. And it was so fast.

After picking up a Samsung Focus for myself, I became a major fan. Sure, there was some functionality present in other high end smartphones that Windows Phone didn't have yet. But the things WP did, it did in an awesomely efficient way. And it did it beautifully.

As we learned more about how the overall ecosystem will eventually tie together, I can't think of a better platform to grow with. If I'm going to invest in apps and games, I'd rather do it in an ecosystem that includes XBOX and Windows than any other ecosystem out there.

In a few years, the integration between all the elements in this ecosystem will be flat out amazing. And it's fun to go along for the ride, being here as each piece gets added, as each leap is made. It feels like being a part of history in a way.

cckgz4

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
A mini o/t outburst but I cannot wait for the 7.8 homescreen

Anyhow I just really enjoy my phone. Like for some reason it has hit harder today lol. I am streaming my purchased Google music library right now with goroovster, tweeting and checking my friends Facebook updates, changed my theme and lock screen, bing'D a couple of songs off the radio today and local locations' phone numbers to call, and watched a few YouTube vids on super tube. This phone flows so well for me and gets through my tasks pretty much effortlessly. I hope those that are unhappy find a platform that works for them, but I know this is "home".

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
For, it's the whole feeling of glance and go. Just a quick look at the homescreen, and then when I'm using it, I often just flick the start screen etc, or just stare into the live tiles even though they have nothing to show me. When flicking between apps, the animations make it feel like my phone is alive. I just find iOS looks stale in comparison. HTC with Android isn't too bad but it's still no WP imo

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa