MSFT, Nokia, AT&T, & Verizon

TrophyNostalgia

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site
Verizon and WP8

They sure dont act like they hate apple.

I think sometimes it just takes a little while to translate in the maket.

A more recent update by the same website was released yesterday concerning Windows Phone and Microsoft:

Verizon will offer Nokia Windows 8 Phones -- could this be the jump-start Microsoft needs? | Computerworld Blogs

I actually think it is smart on Verizon's part to slowly implement it into their ecosystem. I'm a Verizon customer. I grumble now about my one (HTC Trophy) phone choice; but when looking from their perspective investing your market heavily in any new product is a poor choice. It's always best to let it weather the storm a bit initially until it's beefed up to do some serious action in the market. I think in this next year or two years we'll begin to see a huge push for Windows Phone by Verizon.

Last edited:

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
I think sometimes it just takes a little while to translate in the maket.

A more recent update by the same website was released yesterday concerning Windows Phone and Microsoft:

Verizon will offer Nokia Windows 8 Phones -- could this be the jump-start Microsoft needs? | Computerworld Blogs

I actually think it is smart on Verizon's part to slowly implement it into their ecosystem. I'm a Verizon customer. I grumble now about my one (HTC Trophy) phone choice; but when looking from their perspective investing your market heavily in any new product is a poor choice. It's always best to let it weather the storm a bit initially until it's beefed up to do some serious action in the market. I think in the next one or two years we'll begin to see a huge push for Windows Phone by Verizon.

They got behind android in its early days very heavily and made it more successful than it was at that time. WP is almost 2 years old, if they were serious about supporting it now is the time while its still new and not after many years of continued low market penetration.

threed61

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
AT&T actually increased profits while selling fewer phones last quarter, mostly because they didn't have to pay subsidies. Microsoft's lack of leverage means that they might have to give a little on carrier demands, (bloatware), but I could accept a little of that to see more sales, and eventually more and better phones.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss