App Drawer Gone Odd

greenwoodma

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
When I go into my app drawer, I see list of apps, but now with letters in between. So it's separating them alphabetically. If I click on letter A, it brings up the alphabet list so I can switch to a letter quickly. I'm new to WP7 and this was never there when I got the phone and don't know why it's there now. Can anyone tell me how I can get app drawer back to a list of apps without the alphabet in between separating them?

Mio_Ray

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
When You have more than 42 (I think) items in a list it will introduce letter sorting. Tap one of the letters will bring up an alphabet grid and You can Jump through the list in a heartbeat. Neat, fast and very effective.
It will grow on You :D

Sent from my Lumia 800 using Board Express

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
Indeed when you have more programs which are not pinned to start it makes for quicker navigation. Especially to settings

Corepc

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
Uninstall a few apps, list will go away.

But, once you power off your phone and restart it. The A-to-Z app list will reappear

Only way to get it back to no A-to-Z is to hard reset your phone like new and keep apps below 40 (which can be hard to do for some)

I thought that maybe Tango, would have fixed the issue, and restore the app list back to default after you uninstall apps. But the atoz list reappears for me. Even with just a few apps installed..

The AtoZ list take a while to get used to. But will grow on you and make finding things easier..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett