Problems typing certain words relatively quickly?

Papaguan

Jan 15, 2012
Visit site
Hi, I've recently switched to a WP7 device (Lumia 900) a few months ago and I'm fully content with the OS and the device itself. One small gripe I have with it is that typing certain words seems impossible without having to drag my finger to the right letter when the orientation is vertical. I was wondering if these is just my device or if it just seems to be how the OS is on all devices. I'm fully updated to Tango and everything, so I know that's not the issue.

A good example of what I mean is that when I type the word "huh" or "brobro" by tapping the letters quickly, I will almost never get the correct spelling. I would often get "hug" or "huj". The second "r" in "brobro" usually gets botched and ends up being the adjacent letters too.

Can anyone tell me if they have this problem too? Thank you in advance! :D

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
I find that the letters come out correctly if I touch in the left side of the key but if its a bit too much left it may be wrong. It just takes practice and time getting used it it!

GoodThings2Life

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
I have similar problems with words like lol or when a word has duplicate or consecutive letters like "battery" and "other", and it happens the faster I'm typing, typically.

In fairness, I have yet to find an onscreen keyboard style that I don't have at least some typing trouble with, but I confess I really miss Swype.

eric12341

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
I have less trouble with this onscreen keyboard than I have had with any other. Everything gets entered quickly and nearly error free.

Papaguan

Jan 15, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the replies guys! Im convinced its not a user error tho! I can type huhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuh fine, but if I space out the word, the second "h" will be always come out wrong. /: I'm glad I'm not the only one with this kind of problem tho! :D

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett