Unlocked still work on Verizon?

eagletreo

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
I am looking for a used HTC Trophy. Many of the phones I see on eBay are unlocked, for international carriers only. I've contacted some of the sellers to verify that the phone can not be used on Verizon but don't know if they really know.

Is this really the case? Are unlocked phones only able to be used internationally?

Andygoes

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
I am looking for a used HTC Trophy. Many of the phones I see on eBay are unlocked, for international carriers only. I've contacted some of the sellers to verify that the phone can not be used on Verizon but don't know if they really know.

Is this really the case? Are unlocked phones only able to be used internationally?
You need a CDMA HTC Trophy with the Verizon logo above the middle of the screen. It is a global phone with a SIM card, and it can actually be unlocked, but in order to use it on Verizon it has to be specifically an HTC Trophy and not an HTC 7 Trophy. If the Verizon logo is on front and it has a clean ESN you should be good to go!

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
You need a CDMA HTC Trophy with the Verizon logo above the middle of the screen. It is a global phone with a SIM card, and it can actually be unlocked, but in order to use it on Verizon it has to be specifically an HTC Trophy and not an HTC 7 Trophy. If the Verizon logo is on front and it has a clean ESN you should be good to go!

Only Verizon branded phones can be activated on the Verizon network.

That is correct. CDMA carriers such as VZW use a database of ESNs. They will only activate a device that is in the database as having their own branding. Therefore, Sprint branded devices will not be activated by VZW, and vice-versa.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05