Updates are nearly nonexistent

dbcel

Sep 2, 2012
Visit site
I love my Windows Phone a lot, but lately, my HD7 and I are feeling a little distant. Everything feels unattached.

Before, I would slide my wallpaper out of the way to be greeted with an array of freshly updated tiles. Those tiles were exploding with updates, just waiting to be checked. Now things are different.

As usual, I move the wallpaper out of the way, except now, the tiles are showing the same old news. Yesterday's whether. An empty Facebook tile, although I have 3 notifications. The Me tile with "47 new items", which is really a combination of the past few days of notifications; all of which have been checked. And a bunch of other live tiles that are usually jumping for my attention, which are now all stagnant and collecting dust.

What gives? It feels like all of a sudden notifications have just stopped. I still get OS notifications for calendar alerts, emails, sms, etc, but third party apps are either behind or dormant.

Can someone suggest something to fix this? Background tasks and notifications for all my apps are on, and I reboot my phone at least once a day after I charge it because the battery meter is always inaccurate. (that's a whole other problem)

Come to think of it, all of these problems started to come about ever since the "tango" update.

Thanks for reading my essay, and thanks for your help! :)

MrSean490

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I have the same thing, stuff just takes forever to show up. The marketplace has decided to just give up, rarely alerting me of new app updates too.

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
Yeah I have the same thing, stuff just takes forever to show up. The marketplace has decided to just give up, rarely alerting me of new app updates too.

Not sure how many apps you have on your device I have updates 3 or 4 times during the week one here one there sometimes 3 or more at a time.

dbcel

Sep 2, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone have a solution? I fixed the Facebook notifications by turning them off, then on. And the tile count is actually accurate now :eek:

Anyways, solutions for any other issues?

MrSean490

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
Not sure how many apps you have on your device I have updates 3 or 4 times during the week one here one there sometimes 3 or more at a time.
I got so many apps installed. When the marketplace does decide to alert me of new updates it'll suddenly have 20+, but nothing before. It doesn't seem to alert me when the updates are available, instead it waits until there's a huge load of em and then suddenly just wakes up and says "oh by the way ...". I'm sure there's MANY updates awaiting me, but I'll only find out randomly one day in one huge go.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I have 10 updates: Tom & Jerry, ShopSavvy, Amazon Mobile, Smartest Eraser, Photo Timeline, UC Browser, Football Pro '13, NFL Live, NYTimes and Groupon.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos