MMS or internet, mutually exclusive?

imaginarynumber

May 6, 2012
Visit site
HTC Pro 7, T-mobile UK

Recently, every 6 or 7 days, I lose my internet access for very lenghty periods.

I rang t-mobile, and after I mentioned that although WP7 doesn't let me see my APN I can see that the connection list name is tmi_inet@wap (ordinarilly it should be a long alpha-numerical string).

They convinced me to manually edit the APN and to use the generic settings. The connection interface list name now shows as the long string. Unfortunately the generic settings mean that the MMS will not work.

Running the HTC cannection setting restores my MMS but seems to be changing the APN to one that t-mobile wont support, I am assuming that the APN is changed because the interface list name changes again.

I rang HTC UK but their system will not tell them which APN is being selected by their own app...

In short I can either have working MMS or reliable internet, but until seemingly not both.

Suggestions appreciated, tnx

imaginarynumber

May 6, 2012
Visit site
Thanks Mio_BB

I have already tried the generic settings that you listed but I guess part of the problem with WP7 is that it doesn't have different APNs for the MMS.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolz1234