We have developed a Sharepoint Intranet site, which can be access via the Windows phone. However if a document is downloaded from Sharepoint to the phone handset, and the document is later updated in Sharepoint, the phone will still only access the old document copy. THe only way I have found to get around this is to Reset Office. Deleting internet explorer history does not work.

Since I have around 20 to 30 people using these phones, it does not seem feasible to ask them to reset office each time they want to download the latest document.

Is there a way around this??

I am using Nokia Lumia 710.

Thanks
    09-05-2012 01:56 AM
    Have you tried deleting the downloaded copy and re downloading it? And what about skydrive
    09-05-2012 02:15 AM
    The only way to delete the original download is to re-set office (which I have done). After re-setting, when I re-download the file I get the latest one, which is what I want - but I dont want to have to re-set office every time (nor do I want to ask my staff to have to do that either as they wont always know that an updated file is available, they should be able to just download and know they are getting the latest version).

As for skydrive, are you suggesting that I host all of our intranet documents on skydrive?
    09-05-2012 10:26 PM
    I wonder if you have something misconfigured on Sharepoint. My Sharepoint setup isn't doing this- what happens for me is that the phone opens the cached copy on the phone instantly, then goes online to my Sharepoint server to check for updates. If the Sharepoint version is newer, the phone notifies me of an update and asks if I want to use the newer copy, then downloads it.

Been working correctly for me for about a year now.
    GoGas likes this.
    09-06-2012 03:54 AM
    Are you accessing the Sharepoint documents through the Office hub?
    09-06-2012 03:55 AM
    Are you accessing the Sharepoint documents through the Office hub?
    Yes, I am using the office hub
    09-09-2012 09:54 PM
    I wonder if you have something misconfigured on Sharepoint. My Sharepoint setup isn't doing this- what happens for me is that the phone opens the cached copy on the phone instantly, then goes online to my Sharepoint server to check for updates. If the Sharepoint version is newer, the phone notifies me of an update and asks if I want to use the newer copy, then downloads it.

Been working correctly for me for about a year now.
    Thanks! This is what I would like to happen. If you have been doing this for a year, there is obviously a setting somewhere. Got any idea if this is a phone setting or a Sharepoint setting? And any idea where I can find it :)
    09-09-2012 10:00 PM
    Working fine on my company Sharepoint (v2010) as well with the default settings, so I guess it would matter what version of Sharepoint, and what the user may have changed on their phone. If you reset a phone and the problem persists, your settings should match mine (aka defaults), so that would probably leave it down to Sharepoint configuration.
    09-09-2012 10:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD