09-08-2012 05:15 PM
32 12
tools
    To my knowledge, all the carriers have applications to do this for you in-store for free when you switch phones. I've switched from just about every platform there has been over the last 20 years and all of my carriers - from VoiceStream to Verizon- have offered it to me.
    When I bought mine at Best Buy, they said it couldn't be done at the store. Didn't bother me though, all but 2 contacts were already synced to my Live account.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express
    09-07-2012 06:15 PM
    You should be able to import your contacts into hotmail/outlook contacts. The only other option is to reach out to apple since they are the ones you are having an issue with. Lastly you could enter everybody in manually to your hotmail account associated to your windows phone.

Sent from my PI86100 using Board Express
    09-08-2012 12:10 AM
    You should be able to export icloud contacts into hotmail contacts

Sent from my PI86100 using Board Express
    09-08-2012 12:11 AM
    Wait, let me understand this. You are upset with WP because the iPhone, which apparently works like a "phone" can't export contacts. Whose fault is that? Microsoft's? Moved my contacts from my WinMobile phone to my first WP in about 30 minutes (with Hotmail Connector). Moved contacts to my L900 in about 3 minutes. That's how all "phones" should work.

I do hope you find a solution, but to me it sounds like another Apple strategy to lock users into a platform. And maybe your time is worth a $1.99 app. Just sayin.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express Pro
    09-08-2012 01:42 AM
    09-08-2012 09:24 AM
    Wait, let me understand this. You are upset with WP because the iPhone, which apparently works like a "phone" can't export contacts. Whose fault is that? Microsoft's? Moved my contacts from my WinMobile phone to my first WP in about 30 minutes (with Hotmail Connector). Moved contacts to my L900 in about 3 minutes. That's how all "phones" should work.

I do hope you find a solution, but to me it sounds like another Apple strategy to lock users into a platform. And maybe your time is worth a $1.99 app. Just sayin.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express Pro
    This, exactly!

Same type of experience when I moved from my Android and Google back to Windows Phone and Hotmail.
    09-08-2012 09:30 AM
    Got to admit I was a little puzzled after reading the OP's post as well. I had all my contacts copied over in seconds when going from Symbian to a Windows Phone. Used transfer contacts via bluetooth and it couldn't have been easier.
    09-08-2012 05:15 PM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD