09-12-2012 12:33 AM
41 12
tools
    Not really being greedy is not good. especially in charities. Steve Jobs was good at tech but horrible in helping the communities. that's why people don't care about him in the real world
    But Steve Jobs is now respected and he is remembered as the guy who changed the way we see mobile phones, computers, mobile computing and mp3 players... he changed our lives in a way... I'm not saying that what he did is better than what Bill Gates did, after all... Bill Gates is the greatest, but Steve Jobs IS one of the greatest spoke person/CEO of the decade. People do care about this guy...
    09-08-2012 07:51 PM
    I don't think you know what you're talking about.
    I said "I don't FEEL like" I'm looking for a brainstorming not just someone to throw me the rock and act like a smart a... you know what I mean...
    09-08-2012 07:54 PM
    Michael Angiulo for fat dude?
    Yeah that's the guy.

But Steve Jobs is now respected and he is remembered as the guy who changed the way we see mobile phones, computers, mobile computing and mp3 players... he changed our lives in a way... I'm not saying that what he did is better than what Bill Gates did, after all... Bill Gates is the greatest, but Steve Jobs IS one of the greatest spoke person/CEO of the decade. People do care about this guy...
    Well you can count me out on that, caring I mean, at least overall. He was a pretty good at raising the bar on materials used for products though.
    09-08-2012 08:12 PM
    I said "I don't FEEL like" I'm looking for a brainstorming not just someone to throw me the rock and act like a smart a... you know what I mean...
    I'm not being a smart arse. How did you get the impression that Belfiore has no passion for what he's talking about?

I appreciate your general point - Microsoft sucks at presenting - but it certainly looks like you've dug yourself into a hole trying to discount Belfiore. We get it, you love Steve Jobs - but that doesn't make Belfiore uncharismatic.
    09-08-2012 08:31 PM
    I never cared for Ballmer. In fact, he reminds me of a sleazy car salesman. He could very well be a great guy, but this one pic makes me think sleazy salesman.

JB on the other hand, he's a cool dude and I definitely think he's a all-around, good guy.
    09-08-2012 08:44 PM
    In regards to Joe Belfiore I think he's reasonably charismatic. One of the reasons I got my WP is a youtube video featuring Joe showing some features that were going to come out with the Mango update.

Ben Rudolph would do well as a speaker. He's very charismatic.
    09-08-2012 09:46 PM
    I'm not being a smart arse. How did you get the impression that Belfiore has no passion for what he's talking about?

I appreciate your general point - Microsoft sucks at presenting - but it certainly looks like you've dug yourself into a hole trying to discount Belfiore. We get it, you love Steve Jobs - but that doesn't make Belfiore uncharismatic.
    I don't dislike Belfiore, he may like what he does, he never seems excited about his products, that all, he's good to show you features and all, but he fail at creating that "this will change your life" feeling. I would rather see him as the TV guy with Ben Rudolph, not the guy who does it all. The main point is that Ballmer is out of the game, he just can't compete, none of my friends like him. When I'm talking about that with my friends they tend to prefer Ben The PC Guy, because he's the one who's able to create excitement for WP.

I like Belfiore, but he should not be where he is and as stated by someone on the previous page, please... give that guy 50$ for a haircut...
    09-09-2012 10:43 AM
    I think they definitely need a spokesperson marketing genius there at MS. Who that could be I have no idea.
    09-09-2012 10:53 AM
    Yeah that's the guy.

Well you can count me out on that, caring I mean, at least overall. He was a pretty good at raising the bar on materials used for products though.
    Not only for materials, but overall quality. Have you seen the MP3 players before the iPod? They changed the game with every products, Jobs was a marketing beast, this is why I use him as a comparison. If I wanted to show Ballmer as a good CEO I would have compared him to Stephen Elop who sees his company sinking slowly...
    Last edited by Simon Tupper; 09-09-2012 at 10:59 AM.
    09-09-2012 10:53 AM
    I think they definitely need a spokesperson marketing genius there at MS. Who that could be I have no idea.
    Definitely, a company like Microsoft needs a real spoke person, not just an anthusiastic guy, someone who's a natural leader and marketing genius as you said.
    09-09-2012 10:56 AM
    he never seems excited about his products
    Yeah, sure. Everyone else's perception of Belfiore is royally screwed up, it's definitely not that you're stretching it.
    09-11-2012 04:42 AM
    Right from the beginning for Apple, Jobs was the front man - and even though Woz was the tech behind it all, he was always the nerd. He made the product and Jobs took it to the masses.

In Microsoft's case, it was always Gates in front - still a nerd and forced into the front man role, and never really comfortable in it. Frumpy, uncool and dispassionate. That was Microsoft. But it had its own charm because of it.
    09-11-2012 07:44 AM
    I will make it quick.

Personally I don't like Joe Belfiore and Steve Ballmer, I think Microsoft needs a new visage.
    Someone charismatic, smart and classy. Right now all I see is Ballmer the sweating and out of breath pittbul and Belfiore the nerd.

These two are not charismatic, now these guys may be smart, but I either fall asleep or switch to the next video when they hold an event...

I did like Steve Job, that guy was smart, greedy, classy and charismatic. All the qualities needed to be successful.

I think it the main problem of Microsoft is it's visage...

Maybe you think otherwise or you have something else to say, feel free to comment as long as it's respectfull.

I agree 100% and I make it known during each share holders vote - Kick Big Mouth Ballmer off the Microsoft Planet :lol:

Ben the PC guy is great for ads but he's NOT a super polished leader. Whomever represents Windows Phone needs to be at the helm or at least near it.
    09-11-2012 09:19 PM
    Definitely, a company like Microsoft needs a real spoke person, not just an anthusiastic guy, someone who's a natural leader and marketing genius as you said.
    A company's sustained success takes more than a real spokesperson. Apple will find that out soon enough.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express Pro
    09-11-2012 10:26 PM
    A company's sustained success takes more than a real spokesperson. Apple will find that out soon enough.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express Pro
    True, but Microsoft's presentations are... painful to watch
    09-11-2012 10:35 PM
    I don't like the "strong leader who is the face of the company" thing.

I thought Microsoft's "I'm a PC" campaign was brilliant. Rather than present some aspirational visionary "uber-cool" CEO who you "want to be more like," it presented people who were like me (and people who were also very different from me) all doing cool things on their own with Microsoft software.

Rather than telling me "here's a cool public face of our company," it said "YOU are the face of the company based on how you're using our products to do cool stuff."

They need to go back to that. Find people with Microsoft products who are changing the world in big and small ways and tell THEIR story. Leave the "strong leaders who are the public face of the company" stuff to the elitists.

And frankly, no amount of polish could have made the presentations last week any better. It was all smoke-n-mirrors-n-vaporware. If they're not going to present pricing, shipping dates, and carrier availability, they shouldn't present anything at all. (Steve Jobs himself, in his halcyon days, wouldn't have done any better in such circumstances).
    09-12-2012 12:33 AM
41 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD