Microsoft and Windows Phone's visage.

Simon Tupper

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
I will make it quick.

Personally I don't like Joe Belfiore and Steve Ballmer, I think Microsoft needs a new visage.
Someone charismatic, smart and classy. Right now all I see is Ballmer the sweating and out of breath pittbul and Belfiore the nerd.

These two are not charismatic, now these guys may be smart, but I either fall asleep or switch to the next video when they hold an event...

I did like Steve Job, that guy was smart, greedy, classy and charismatic. All the qualities needed to be successful.

I think it the main problem of Microsoft is it's visage...

Maybe you think otherwise or you have something else to say, feel free to comment as long as it's respectfull.

Last edited:

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Belfiore loves what he does. But I don't know if he likes presenting things. He seems like a natural introvert.

Steve Sinofsky is great at speaking. Would love to see him more often.
Or heck, what about Ben the PC Guy? He'd probably be great.

They often have engineers and designers up there because they want to give credit to the teams that are actually doing the work.

But it might be better to have people from Sales and Marketing instead. Or at least up there with the engineer/designer.

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
Hows about we replace Ballmer with Steven Elop? That would be a good start. I like Joe B. I think he does a pretty good job with the phones He seems kinda cool and hip to me maybe its because he's younger than I am as are most of the guys here at WPC!

blehblehbleh

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Ballmer definitely needs to refine his look. I think there's no way of fixing his presentation style. As for Belifiore, I like his presentations. He definitely likes what he does, he's just expresses his enthusiasm in a kind of geeky manner or that "standard" MS evangelist way (if you've been to MS events in the past you'll know what I mean).

Simon Tupper

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
Ballmer definitely needs to refine his look. I think there's no way of fixing his presentation style. As for Belifiore, I like his presentations. He definitely likes what he does, he's just expresses his enthusiasm in a kind of geeky manner or that "standard" MS evangelist way (if you've been to MS events in the past you'll know what I mean).
That's the problem... Microsoft is stuck in the past...

Simon Tupper

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
Hows about we replace Ballmer with Steven Elop? That would be a good start. I like Joe B. I think he does a pretty good job with the phones He seems kinda cool and hip to me maybe its because he's younger than I am as are most of the guys here at WPC!
Elop is not a good replacement... I want someone CHA-RI-SMA-TIC... Elop is boring...

12Danny123

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
That's the problem... Microsoft is stuck in the past...
it's not MS. it's Ballmers's style. he looks very 90s like. as for Joe. he's got the cool look in him while trying to present stuff. and Steven he's a good talker. I think Steven and Joe, especially Joe look more modern and more hip and cool than Steve Ballmer.

Simon Tupper

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
it's not MS. it's Ballmers's style. he looks very 90s like. as for Joe. he's got the cool look in him while trying to present stuff. and Steven he's a good talker. I think Steven and Joe, especially Joe look more modern and more hip and cool than Steve Ballmer.
True, Belfiore is better than Ballmer, but I don't think these guys are in the big league... You don't WANT to buy what they show you... it more like "Interesting..."

I wish Microsoft had it's own Steve Job, a guy would be able to sell you a pizza with a touch screen on it and convince you that it's the best thing you will ever have.

12Danny123

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
True, Belfiore is better than Ballmer, but I don't think these guys are in the big league... You don't WANT to buy what they show you... it more like "Interesting..."

I wish Microsoft had it's own Steve Job, a guy would be able to sell you a pizza with a touch screen on it and convince you that it's the best thing you will ever have.
bill gates? the charity loves him

GoodThings2Life

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
Simon... did you just say you liked Steve Jobs because he's greedy? :straight:

Anyway, I don't like Ballmer very much, but I DO like Belfiore a lot. He's amazingly talented and actually quite well-liked by the general public.

Ballmer, whether I like him or not, is a great speaker though. He is very amusing and enthusiastic... all you have to do is watch him work up a sweat shouting Developers! Developers! Developers! to know that he loves what he does. It wasn't his presentation to give though, hence the more cameo-like appearance.

I agree with Winning Guy about Ben Rudolph or Steve Sinofsky for presentations though... both of them should be the ones speaking for every Microsoft event. They are extroverted nerds, and very charismatic, enthusiastic, and quite brilliant.

Simon Tupper

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
Simon... did you just say you liked Steve Jobs because he's greedy? :straight:

Anyway, I don't like Ballmer very much, but I DO like Belfiore a lot. He's amazingly talented and actually quite well-liked by the general public.

Ballmer, whether I like him or not, is a great speaker though. He is very amusing and enthusiastic... all you have to do is watch him work up a sweat shouting Developers! Developers! Developers! to know that he loves what he does. It wasn't his presentation to give though, hence the more cameo-like appearance.

I agree with Winning Guy about Ben Rudolph or Steve Sinofsky for presentations though... both of them should be the ones speaking for every Microsoft event. They are extroverted nerds, and very charismatic, enthusiastic, and quite brilliant.
I agree, they are way more interesting.

Being greedy is good for a guy like Steve Job, who was able to be classy at the same time.
Not like Ballmer who shouts "We are trying to make absolutely clear:
We are not going to leave any space uncovered to Apple
We are not." This is not what a winner would say... it was almost pathetic to hear that...

Simon Tupper

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
Don't be na?ve, of course he knows what's going on. :)
I thought he would say a few words about WP8 and Windows 8, but not a single word from the guy who created Microsoft... I think he don't care anymore, he's old now and it seems like he ran away from his own company. I still hope a comeback tho.

12Danny123

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
I thought he would say a few words about WP8 and Windows 8, but not a single word from the guy who created Microsoft... I think he don't care anymore, he's old now and it seems like he ran away from his own company. I still hope a comeback tho.
Of course he knows about the the three screen operation. he's not that dumb. He's maybe the one of the most caring billionaires

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo