Microsoft and Windows Phone's visage.

GoodThings2Life

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
I thought he would say a few words about WP8 and Windows 8, but not a single word from the guy who created Microsoft... I think he don't care anymore, he's old now and it seems like he ran away from his own company. I still hope a comeback tho.

Gates did what every leader should do... turn over the reigns and move on with life. If you can't it makes you a control freak, and nobody respects that.

And just look at the exciting philanthropy projects he has going on. Very cool stuff!

But Gates most definitely knows general ideas of what's going on at Microsoft. He's still on the board of directors.

12Danny123

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
I agree, they are way more interesting.

Being greedy is good for a guy like Steve Job, who was able to be classy at the same time.
Not like Ballmer who shouts "We are trying to make absolutely clear:
We are not going to leave any space uncovered to Apple
We are not." This is not what a winner would say... it was almost pathetic to hear that...
Not really being greedy is not good. especially in charities. Steve Jobs was good at tech but horrible in helping the communities. that's why people don't care about him in the real world

Kredrian

Feb 20, 2012
Visit site
While I agree that it would be good to have a charismatic individual to be the "face" of MS, I would rather they simply continue to provide innovative and sexy products. In the end I am buying the product, not the person.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

blehblehbleh

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
I think GT2L made a good suggestion with Ben Rudolph. He'd be a good general presenter. Him and maybe that one fat dude that did the Surface keynote with Sinofsky.

Speaking of Sinofsky, he's only okay for me. If it's not his baby he's not a good speaker in my opinion. Watching that Surface announcement they should've just had the designer do the entire thing because Surface is that guy's baby. This idea is also the reason why I approve of Belfiore for Windows Phone and not Myerson.

12Danny123

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
I think GT2L made a good suggestion with Ben Rudolph. He'd be a good general presenter. Him and maybe that one fat dude that did the Surface keynote with Sinofsky.

Speaking of Sinofsky, he's only okay for me. If it's not his baby he's not a good speaker in my opinion. Watching that Surface announcement they should've just had the designer do the entire thing because Surface is that guy's baby. This idea is also the reason why I approve of Belfiore for Windows Phone and not Myerson.
Michael Angiulo for fat dude?

Simon Tupper

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
Not really being greedy is not good. especially in charities. Steve Jobs was good at tech but horrible in helping the communities. that's why people don't care about him in the real world
But Steve Jobs is now respected and he is remembered as the guy who changed the way we see mobile phones, computers, mobile computing and mp3 players... he changed our lives in a way... I'm not saying that what he did is better than what Bill Gates did, after all... Bill Gates is the greatest, but Steve Jobs IS one of the greatest spoke person/CEO of the decade. People do care about this guy...

blehblehbleh

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Michael Angiulo for fat dude?

Yeah that's the guy.

But Steve Jobs is now respected and he is remembered as the guy who changed the way we see mobile phones, computers, mobile computing and mp3 players... he changed our lives in a way... I'm not saying that what he did is better than what Bill Gates did, after all... Bill Gates is the greatest, but Steve Jobs IS one of the greatest spoke person/CEO of the decade. People do care about this guy...

Well you can count me out on that, caring I mean, at least overall. He was a pretty good at raising the bar on materials used for products though.

AngryNil

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
I said "I don't FEEL like" I'm looking for a brainstorming not just someone to throw me the rock and act like a smart a... you know what I mean...
I'm not being a smart arse. How did you get the impression that Belfiore has no passion for what he's talking about?

I appreciate your general point - Microsoft sucks at presenting - but it certainly looks like you've dug yourself into a hole trying to discount Belfiore. We get it, you love Steve Jobs - but that doesn't make Belfiore uncharismatic.

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
I never cared for Ballmer. In fact, he reminds me of a sleazy car salesman. He could very well be a great guy, but this one pic makes me think sleazy salesman.

Steve-Ballmer1.jpg

JB on the other hand, he's a cool dude and I definitely think he's a all-around, good guy.

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
In regards to Joe Belfiore I think he's reasonably charismatic. One of the reasons I got my WP is a youtube video featuring Joe showing some features that were going to come out with the Mango update.

Ben Rudolph would do well as a speaker. He's very charismatic.

Simon Tupper

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
I'm not being a smart arse. How did you get the impression that Belfiore has no passion for what he's talking about?

I appreciate your general point - Microsoft sucks at presenting - but it certainly looks like you've dug yourself into a hole trying to discount Belfiore. We get it, you love Steve Jobs - but that doesn't make Belfiore uncharismatic.
I don't dislike Belfiore, he may like what he does, he never seems excited about his products, that all, he's good to show you features and all, but he fail at creating that "this will change your life" feeling. I would rather see him as the TV guy with Ben Rudolph, not the guy who does it all. The main point is that Ballmer is out of the game, he just can't compete, none of my friends like him. When I'm talking about that with my friends they tend to prefer Ben The PC Guy, because he's the one who's able to create excitement for WP.

I like Belfiore, but he should not be where he is and as stated by someone on the previous page, please... give that guy 50$ for a haircut...

pjs37

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
I think they definitely need a spokesperson marketing genius there at MS. Who that could be I have no idea.

Simon Tupper

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
Yeah that's the guy.

Well you can count me out on that, caring I mean, at least overall. He was a pretty good at raising the bar on materials used for products though.
Not only for materials, but overall quality. Have you seen the MP3 players before the iPod? They changed the game with every products, Jobs was a marketing beast, this is why I use him as a comparison. If I wanted to show Ballmer as a good CEO I would have compared him to Stephen Elop who sees his company sinking slowly...

Last edited:

Simon Tupper

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
I think they definitely need a spokesperson marketing genius there at MS. Who that could be I have no idea.
Definitely, a company like Microsoft needs a real spoke person, not just an anthusiastic guy, someone who's a natural leader and marketing genius as you said.

crystal_planet

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
Right from the beginning for Apple, Jobs was the front man - and even though Woz was the tech behind it all, he was always the nerd. He made the product and Jobs took it to the masses.

In Microsoft's case, it was always Gates in front - still a nerd and forced into the front man role, and never really comfortable in it. Frumpy, uncool and dispassionate. That was Microsoft. But it had its own charm because of it.

iSeeiSheep

Aug 28, 2012
Visit site
I Voted Balmer off the Island

I will make it quick.

Personally I don't like Joe Belfiore and Steve Ballmer, I think Microsoft needs a new visage.
Someone charismatic, smart and classy. Right now all I see is Ballmer the sweating and out of breath pittbul and Belfiore the nerd.

These two are not charismatic, now these guys may be smart, but I either fall asleep or switch to the next video when they hold an event...

I did like Steve Job, that guy was smart, greedy, classy and charismatic. All the qualities needed to be successful.

I think it the main problem of Microsoft is it's visage...

Maybe you think otherwise or you have something else to say, feel free to comment as long as it's respectfull.

:cool:

I agree 100% and I make it known during each share holders vote - Kick Big Mouth Ballmer off the Microsoft Planet :lol:

Ben the PC guy is great for ads but he's NOT a super polished leader. Whomever represents Windows Phone needs to be at the helm or at least near it.

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Definitely, a company like Microsoft needs a real spoke person, not just an anthusiastic guy, someone who's a natural leader and marketing genius as you said.
A company's sustained success takes more than a real spokesperson. Apple will find that out soon enough.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express Pro

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)