The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
    The BBC has partnered with Dan Lyons, aka Fake Steve Jobs, to publish an article called, "Viewpoint: Apple's iPhone 5 Launches No Longer Excite". The irony is, this isn't the first article I've seen like this. In fact, I even saw an article on FOX News yesterday suggesting the same thing.

BBC News - Viewpoint: Apple's iPhone launches no longer excite

Personally, I always liked the Fake Steve Jobs blog. It was satire, and yet, it always felt true. I could picture the real Steve sitting at home or in his office saying and writing exactly what Dan would write.

This article largely reflects what analysts like IDC said last year... that over the next 2-3 years, Apple will fall and Microsoft will rise again.

Since today is the launch day, I want to know... how many of you agree with Dan, the IDC, and even folks like me (post 1 and post 2)?

I personally believe that this is the beginning of the end for Apple... not end as in bankruptcy or closing their doors. Apple, without Jobs, has survived before... barely, but they always do. But what I mean is they will go back to being as irrelevant as they were in the 90's and early 2000's.

Discuss. (Although do try to keep it focused on the OS platforms, not a bashing of any individual OEM partner.)
    Gergolos likes this.
    09-12-2012 06:30 AM
    I agree for the most part with that article because at the moment it does feel like Apple is playing catch up to other manufacturers in terms of specs and functionality. I really don't see what Apple can add to their device other than:

4G
    bigger screen
    longer battery life
    NFC
    higher resolution
    increased storage space

Those features aren't exactly ground breaking. Add on top of that the fact that iOS looks exactly the same and you got yourself an uninteresting product. The leaked design also looks 90% the same as the 4 and 4S so no wow factor on that front.

The weird thing is that i have also come across other articles that are downplaying the new iPhone so it looks like the tide might slowly be turning.
    Last edited by squire777; 09-12-2012 at 08:19 AM.
    09-12-2012 07:50 AM
    What i don't understand, is why these articles have come out now. Apple is due to do their key note today, yet these articles have been written in the last couple of days.

Why not wait until after the keynote, rather than writing articles based upon leaked information which may or may not be correct.

Apple may have lots of supprising things up its sleeves.
    09-12-2012 08:08 AM
    The mainstream media usually does free marketing for Apple before Apple events so it's refreshing to see something different for a change.
    09-12-2012 08:22 AM

Apple may have lots of supprising things up its sleeves.
    Apple has got nothing.
    09-12-2012 01:42 PM
    Yep, the whole thing today was a dud, technologically speaking.

Yeah, I know millions will buy it... but millions fewer will buy it than previously, and millions fewer will actually believe the claims on how amazing it is.
    09-12-2012 02:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD