Calculator messing up.

MathiasVerden

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
I was doing math and as always I took my only real calculator, my Windows Phone, yet when I opened the calculator app, it didn't show any of the landscape features when rotated. Instead I saw things like A, B, C and Hex. I really need my calculator, since my assignment is due tomorrow! I've searched the web for information, but nothing is there to be found!

richard_walters

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
I was doing math and as always I took my only real calculator, my Windows Phone, yet when I opened the calculator app, it didn't show any of the landscape features when rotated. Instead I saw things like A, B, C and Hex. I really need my calculator, since my assignment is due tomorrow! I've searched the web for information, but nothing is there to be found!
Hi Mathias. If you rotate the phone with the start button to the right, it'll go into scientific mode. I you rotate it with the start button to the left (as you currently are) it'll go into programmer mode. I didn't even realise that there was a scientific/programmer mode until a few months after I bought the phone!

As an aside, I encourage you to try the third-party calculator apps in the Marketplace, namely, mine! :p http://forums.windowscentral.com/applications-spotlight/189202.htm There's an update currently being certified and the Windows 8 version has now been published too. I was just about to update the forum post with this news when I saw your post.

Anyway, good luck with the assignment!

yeewiz

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Holy crap x2. Nice tip! Richard, I have Calculator2Pro. Nice calculator! How do you use the Tax button in the basic calculator?

richard_walters

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Holy crap x2. Nice tip! Richard, I have Calculator2Pro. Nice calculator! How do you use the Tax button in the basic calculator?

Hi yeewiz. Thanks for the purchase! :)

The Tax+ button adds a tax percentage to the current value in the display. The default tax percentage is set to 20% (current VAT amount in the UK), so 100 Tax+ will give 120, and tax = 20 will appear in the top left. The Tax- button works in the opposite way. It subtracts tax from the current value in the display to give the pre-tax value, e.g. 120 Tax- will give 100, and again tax = 20 will appear in the top left. This isn't the same as 120 - 20% (which equals 96). The tax percentage can be changed to any value in the settings for the basic calculator.

If you have any other questions just let me know, although it would probably be best to do so in my own thread linked to in my original post here. Thanks again!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss