The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
    Hi guys!

I have never been able to download torrents through tethering, but until recently it just started working (downloading at 1,3 MB/s). I don't have a custom rom or anything like that. I have a theory as to why it works all of a sudden, but first I'd like to know how it is for other Windows Phone owners. I have a Lumia 800 with the latest update by the way (7.10.8773.98)

Cheers!
    hellomiggy likes this.
    09-14-2012 08:52 AM
    Are you guys able to download torrents through internet sharing?
    09-24-2012 09:28 AM
    I've never tried, 3G is too slow to do anything that I don't absolutely need at the moment. It could be that your carrier is (or was) blocking torrent traffic. Maybe I'll try later on and see what happens.
    09-24-2012 10:52 AM
    Are you guys able to download torrents through internet sharing?
    We have the strictest DRM laws in the U.S. I think people in the U.S. stay away from torrents. I had a friend download a TV show he missed because he forgot to set his DVR. His ISP sent him a threatening letter and told him he was being reported to someone. It happened a couple of years ago.
    Last edited by palandri; 09-24-2012 at 12:15 PM.
    09-24-2012 11:04 AM
    I've never tried, 3G is too slow to do anything that I don't absolutely need at the moment. It could be that your carrier is (or was) blocking torrent traffic. Maybe I'll try later on and see what happens.
    Well, if you end up trying it out, I would very much appreiciate if you posted the result here. Thanks!
    09-26-2012 08:03 AM
    We have the strictest DRM laws in the U.S. I think people in the U.S. stay away from torrents. I had a friend download a TV show he missed because he forgot to set his DVR. His ISP sent him a threatening letter and told him he was being reported to someone. It happened a couple of years ago.
    So, they are allowed to keep track of what you're doing? That's ****ing sick!
    09-26-2012 03:43 PM
    So, they are allowed to keep track of what you're doing? That's ****ing sick!
    Yes they do.Privacy went out the window years ago.
    09-26-2012 04:06 PM
    For someone in the US who wants to test if torrents can be downloaded, a safe option with no legal ramifications would be to download a Linux distro. Almost all distros have several download options, one of which is BitTorrent.
    palandri likes this.
    09-26-2012 05:28 PM
    Well I can tell you that I tried downloading a torrent last night and everything seemed to work fine. I still think it was probably your carrier blocking it.

Sent from my HTC Trophy using Board Express
    09-27-2012 09:53 AM
    Well I can tell you that I tried downloading a torrent last night and everything seemed to work fine. I still think it was probably your carrier blocking it.

Sent from my HTC Trophy using Board Express
    Thanks buddy! Nice of you to give of your time. :)
    09-28-2012 08:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD