New Windows Phone Store site posing problems for some of us.

kenzibit

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
We all last week saw changes and redesigns made to the Windows Phone Store site and I think this is becoming a problem for some of us. The problem is you really need to verify your phone number when reinstalling an app from the site and what will you do when your country is not listed?? You can never go to the next step if you don't provide a phone number and how can I provide a phone number when my country (Ghana) is not listed? thus making me unable to install my apps...this is not good and would love a solution to this problem. Microsoft really needs to reconsider this step, it's a blockade for non-listed country users with Windows Phones to get our apps.

Gergolos

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
We all last week saw changes and redesigns made to the Windows Phone Store site and I think this is becoming a problem for some of us. The problem is you really need to verify your phone number when reinstalling an app from the site and what will you do when your country is not listed?? You can never go to the next step if you don't provide a phone number and how can I provide a phone number when my country (Ghana) is not listed? thus making me unable to install my apps...this is not good and would love a solution to this problem. Microsoft really needs to reconsider this step, it's a blockade for non-listed country users with Windows Phones to get our apps.
hey,

is it not possible to reinstall the app from your phone directly? The listings from the site should be fixed after in while (I guess..)

And btw: why two threads? There is enough spam on the forum already...

Greetings

kenzibit

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the reply, I actually tried deleting the first thread in OS discussions but couldn't. Anyways, it's possible to reinstall the app directly on the phone but really takes some time and difficulty since there's no purchase history to refer to. I always queue all needed apps to my phone on my WiFi after hard resets and finishes in no time.

Sent from my HTC HD7 using Board Express

Gergolos

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
Yeah you're right. It really takes a lot of time to reinstall all the apps on the phone. But you could use the app "Reinstaller" which does that for you. I never used it, but as much as I know it should do the same work the official internet site does. (It had some issues during the last weeks, don't know if they are gone now...but it used to work pretty fine. Some of my friends used it).

kenzibit

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, I have that but unfortunately it's broken due to changes on the site...wpcentral announced it.

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
I know, I'm anal. But I have a running list of all app purchases/downloads in OneNote. With more than 200 apps installed, its a necessity. Another list show all the apps I have deleted (nearly 300). When I hard reset or migrate to a new device, I print the list and go to work.

I have found it difficult to use the Windows Phone site, sorting through trials (that became purchases) and uninstalled apps. And the day I got my L900, Reinstaller was not working, so never got to try it.

As noted, I am sure the Windows Phone site will catch up with the need. Lots going on a Microsoft these days. The next two months will be exciting.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express Pro

kenzibit

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I know, I'm anal. But I have a running list of all app purchases/downloads in OneNote. With more than 200 apps installed, its a necessity. Another list show all the apps I have deleted (nearly 300). When I hard reset or migrate to a new device, I print the list and go to work.

I have found it difficult to use the Windows Phone site, sorting through trials (that became purchases) and uninstalled apps. And the day I got my L900, Reinstaller was not working, so never got to try it.

As noted, I am sure the Windows Phone site will catch up with the need. Lots going on a Microsoft these days. The next two months will be exciting.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express Pro

Whew, that's a smart move though Jim. So do you actually write down each app you download and uninstall or you juust have a way of copy and pasting them from Windows phone store to OneNote? I think I'ma try this move from now on.

kenzibit

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
This ain't good. Just had a reply from Windows Phone support and the whole story now is you really have to forget about Windows Phone now if your country or region isn't listed because you can never purchase or download any app, since they've now introduced phone number verification..... just Great Microsoft, thanks for your new site changes and redesign :'(

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss