I need help backing up my apps

crg28

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

Ive had a 900 since day 1 and i finally dropped and destroyed the screen. I am about to go to AT&T to use the insurance and get a new one. BUt first I need to make sure I will be able to re-download all of the apps I purchased and download on my WP.

I see all the apps in my account on windowsphone.com, but is there an easy way to re-install everything at once instead of going one by one?? This is one thing I loved about WEBOS.

I tried REINSTALLER APP but it cant even read my apps from windowsphone.com so that didnt work....Is there any other alternatives out there besides REINSTALLER???

I cant even find the APPS in ZUNE in my laptop...

Gergolos

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
Heya,

I'm really sorry for your 900 :(

The Reinstaller App doesn't work right now because of some changes in the marketplace. As far as I know the App-developer knows that and is working on an update.

In fact the Reinstaller App does exactly the same the official website does. So if you go to https://www.windowsphone.com/en-US/my and sign in (on the right/top) to your account, you should be able to see your purchase history (just click on your account and choose "Purchase history" after the pop-up windows appears). Now you should see all your apps. On the right side you can click "reinstall" and that should do it. Your apps will be installed the next time your phone gets an internet connection...

I hope I could help :)

Good luck!

crg28

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
THanks. So as long as I'm using the same microsoft account, I can just rein\stal each one correct? Now am I able to do it all at once? Or do I have to click one by one in the windowsphone.com?

Gergolos

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
So as long as I'm using the same microsoft account, I can just rein\stal each one correct?

jap. So if you bought apps, you can reinstall them without paying again...

Now am I able to do it all at once? Or do I have to click one by one in the windowsphone.com?

Well of course you have to tell microsoft which apps you would like to be reinstalled. That's being done by clicking on "reinstall" on the right side of every app you need. After that all of them will be reinstalled the next time your phone goes online. So you just have to pick the apps on the website and let micrsoft install all of them one by one automatically on your phone.

edit: I think I understand what you really want: you just want some kind of a backup button. After clicking on that you want your new phone to have all the apps you used on your older phone installed automatically without you having to choose them. rigt? Sadly that's not possible. I hope MS comes up with something like that for the future WP-Versions...

If you just want to have a backup and use the same(!) phone with the same (!) account, you can do that by using backup options (you should find an instruction for that on the WPcentral blog). In that case all of your apps and all the other data (except the zune data) will be backuped/reinstalled automatically. The thing is that you have to use both the same phone and the same account for that

Last edited:

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
your gona need to do it one by one and you lose all saved data.

FYI: for the paid thing,if you do it the long way from the marketplace on the phone you MIGHT notice them asking you to re-BUY the app you already got , but once you click BUY its gona tell you , OH! you already paid for it ,

so if you get that BUY option dont panic thinking you need to pay again :) you wont need to :)

hopefully WP8 changes that,

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720