Hi I've a HTC Mozart T8698, running 7.10.8773.98.

I'm pulling my hair out trying to get Google calendar to sync correctly.

I've added the account in "settings>email+account" and I've used the m.google.com/sync applet to select the calendars I want to see.

I then go into the calendar and I can see my new google calendars, no problem, I can even delete events and these are deleted from google calendar.

However, if I add any new events on the phone (making sure I select the correct google calendar) they are not uploaded to google calendar, even after forcing a sync on the google account.

The only thing I've found on the web was a suggestion of a setting in Google "Automatically add invitations to my calendar" being set to Yes but this is the default anyway.

I've even tried doing a hard reset on the phone which made no difference.

It's so frustrating as I did this on my ipad and it worked flawlessly..

Can anyone help?

Mac
    09-18-2012 03:45 AM
    I don't know why you are having trouble with it. Mine works just fine and syncs across the phone and on google.
    09-18-2012 07:23 AM
    I use the VsysCalendar app to sync my Google Calendar to my Lumia 900 and it works great.
    09-18-2012 09:44 AM
    Well, I tried setting up a new gmail account thinking is was something to do with that.

It made no difference, I can receive calendar events through Google calendar and can even delete them (which is updated correctly).

But when I add a new calendar event on the phone is its not uploaded to google calendar..

aaarrrgggggghhh!
    09-19-2012 03:29 AM
    Ok I found the problem (for anyone else loosing chunks of hair)!

I'm using Windows Live for my email but Google Calendar for my calendar. So when I setup the Google account on my phone I've been switching off email. When I switch email on, the sync on the calendar works with no problems and I can now add events on the phone which are then uploaded.

Must be a requirement for the service, shame they don't mention this when you set it up!:@
    09-19-2012 04:02 AM
    Ok I found the problem (for anyone else loosing chunks of hair)!

I'm using Windows Live for my email but Google Calendar for my calendar. So when I setup the Google account on my phone I've been switching off email. When I switch email on, the sync on the calendar works with no problems and I can now add events on the phone which are then uploaded.

Must be a requirement for the service, shame they don't mention this when you set it up!:@
    Guess that makes some sense as contacts and calendar sync when mail syncs. So if you are not syncing mail on a particular account, there is no other mechanism to do the syncing.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express Pro
    09-19-2012 07:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD