Storage info wrong? Buffer problems

Gergolos

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys,

I, once again, have a question dealing with my phone (HTC 7 Pro)

Tomorrow my vacation is starting and because of the fact, that I am not going to have internet-access for at least 3 or 4 days, I wanted to have some of my .pdfs on my phone.

So I went to my Skydrive account and downloaded them (with the SkyDrive App). After a while I noticed something funny... My .pdfs were both 40MBs. So together 80MB. I had 700MB free space on my device (my 7 PRO, or Arrive, has only 8GB memory) and thought I would have 620MB after downloading the 80MB. I don't know why, but that's not the case... Instead of taking away 80MB, my phone showed me 500MB remaining.

As I found out some time ago, WP and Adobe Reader seem have some issues with the file storage (at least with the .pdf files). http://forums.windowscentral.com/1699903-post5.htm

So I knew already, that WP is saving pdfs from SkyDrive in the Office Hub AND in the Adobe Reader App. So twice... After deleting both files on the Office Hub I had 580MB free on my phone.

Till now everything makes "sense". The thing is: where are the other 40MB? Even after deleting the files in the official Adobe Reader Apps and getting the 80MB more space, I still have just 660MB...But where are the remaining 40MB? I had 700 before downloading the 40MB-files... After restarting and battery pulling the phone, nothing changed...So I am still missing the rmeaining 40MB.

I tried to do the same once again...and: another 40MB (ca) are missing right now...so 80 in total...

Is it possible that there is some kind of a cache on the phone and I can delete it? (Already deleted the history from the IE-Explorer and reinstalled Adobe Reader...but didn't help)

Does this mean, that every time I download some stuff from the Internet I am going to lose space just for nothing?

It doesn't make sense, so I hope you guys can help me!

Greetings and thanks in advance!
Gerg

Gergolos

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
ok, I hoped to get some help here, but I guess I'm the only one with this problem :(

(If you had pdf-files on your phone, deleted them and afterwords all the storage space the file took was available again, please tell me. So I know that it's not a general bug and my phone has some kind of a problem... )

I already set back my office hub (all the files in the hub should be deleted after that), deleted adobe reader, checked out all of my pictures and music (also using the USB enabling tool on the pc)...but nothing really helped... I just don't get it...

So I have a question for you:

Is it somehow possible to see all the files on my phone? I mean really ALL the files. Not just the music and pictures after enabling the phone with the USB-enabling tool. My phone has a 8GB storage with 6,7 to use. 6,3GB is used right now. But only 2GB of the 6,3 contain pictures and music...so the rest must be some kind of app-data or the "lost buffer". I have some apps on my phone, bust most of them are <1MB (I don't have many games...they are all a few MB) and I can't imagine them taking so much space (4GB!!!)...

I tried to see the file list with DOS, but it doesn't let me...

Is there some other possibility to see all the files?

please

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077