How important is the 7.8 update for you?

mikeeemm

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Will you wait for it? Who cares, im getting a WP8? If you dont get it soon will it impact your decision on getting a WP8?

For me personally if I dont get it soon I will consider getting something else, I love my Samsung focus but those little issues like the disappearing keyboard and no one really does anything about it. I called at&t and all they could tell me was to buy a new phone, I emailed at&t and they said call at&t. It doesn't come down to I want the latest update but I want my phone to not have those little issues which there are fixes for them and no one does a thing about them. My contract with at&t is almost up, I will decide when that comes.

On another note sorry if it sounds like I have bad English but it took me like 20 minutes to type this up due to my keyboard disappearing every other word.

Mystictrust

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Will you wait for it? Who cares, im getting a WP8? If you dont get it soon will it impact your decision on getting a WP8?

For me personally if I dont get it soon I will consider getting something else, I love my Samsung focus but those little issues like the disappearing keyboard and no one really does anything about it. I called at&t and all they could tell me was to buy a new phone, I emailed at&t and they said call at&t. It doesn't come down to I want the latest update but I want my phone to not have those little issues which there are fixes for them and no one does a thing about them. My contract with at&t is almost up, I will decide when that comes.

On another note sorry if it sounds like I have bad English but it took me like 20 minutes to type this up due to my keyboard disappearing every other word.
I certainly hope that not getting 7.8 now will impact anyone's decision on WP8... 7.8 is coming AFTER WP8 comes out and I don't even think anyone knows how long after.

Just in case you haven't done it, have you tried doing the force update trick to get the update? I've heard that many people have gotten around AT&T and received the update doing it.

GoodThings2Life

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
I will be buying a Lumia 920 immediately when available for purchase (hopefully pre-order). That said, I'm keeping my TITAN around as a backup and for demonstration, so I'm anxious about getting 7.8 as soon as possible.

Mystictrust

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I thought about doing the manual update but I am pretty sure I will mess something up.
You're not going to mess up your phone. You're basically just pulling internet connection from your computer at a certain time (I assume when Zune checks for carrier approval or something). It's the official update. I helped my girlfriend do it on her HD7 for NoDo update. Worked the first time and she had no problems. Think I also did it for Mango so she could get it as early as possible.

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
It won't affect me getting another WP device, but getting updates in a timely manner is a biggie for some people. MS need to show they can get a update out timely. I have had trouble updating since the pre-Nodo update.

That's one area when apple has pure dominance in. Updating everyone at once. It may get harder for them since they now have several phones out now using the same OS.

ImmortalWarrior

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
I have an unlocked Lumia 900 and will be buying a 920 from Rogers the day it becomes available. Off contract (I don't deal with that contract BS anymore).

Now my 900 is a Rogers branded phone but it is unlocked. Unfortunately it is difficult and costly to get an unbranded unlocked phone here in a timely fashion. I suppose I could flash an unbranded ROM on it using the Nokia software, but we'll see.

As for the 7.8 update, I am going to be keeping my 900 for awhile unless my dad or his gf want a new phone, then I'll sell it to them. But I am very interested in seeing what 7.8 has to offer. Assuming Rogers takes their bloody sweet time with the update, I'll likely use Nokia's software to flash the branded 7.8 ROM onto it.

crystal_planet

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
I actually am with Telus, and I got my update about two weeks after the news made the rounds here. I was happily surprised.

But I'll wait and see with 7.8 because I don't think I'll get a WP8 device for about a year, and I'm pretty happy with my 800 as it stands.

mikeeemm

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
the disconnecting trick doesnt work. I have tried for a while now. I was able to do it for mango on the first try on my phone, my brothers phone and my dads phone. I was talking about the cab method.

11B1P

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I'm still under contract, so a little delay on 7.8 for me won't make much difference. I'm staying with WP. But, on the other hand, I don't think MS should delay the release any longer than necessary, simply for the PR we can provide for them.

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
Who cares, im getting a WP8?

that sounds about right!

But honestly don't expect WP7.8 till next year. WP8 will come out 1-2 months before! guaranty,

some reliable sources around the net even claim that MS decided to Come out with WP7.8 After so many people where complaining about not getting the WP8 update, meaning WP7.8 is not ready yet and Wont be before wp8.

the way I see it , WP7.8 is a favour MS is doing to does who got the Lattes WP7.5 phones.

I thought about doing the manual update but I am pretty sure I will mess something up.

it wont mess it up .... but this also WONT work until its released! the CAB method has a bigger chance of mess ups cause you dont get the RTM drivers.

the only reason you would do this is because your RTM has placed you in a Latter Que then others. it just puts you to the front of the line. nothing more.

Last edited:

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
It's not a big deal to me. I'm happy with 7.5.

I'll probably wait until sometime next year to get a new WP8 device.

I'm not in a hurry for a new device or a new update, since I'm happy with what I have now.

mmacleodbrown

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
It is quite important for me even though I don't own a 7.5 phone
Im hoping that with the release of WP8, prices for lumia 800's will come down even more, so I can pick up a super cheap 800 as my backup phone.
After spending the last month using the backup phone I have now, Im telling myself, never again..

tayfelix

May 4, 2012
Visit site
Hmm WP 7.8 is very important to me as I still have a year before my contracts end. After that im so gonna get a Nokia lumia. Bb Samsung. U crap! I think WP 7.8 will come in Nov -Dec . I hope it will be before Christmas haha

Sent from my GT-I8350 using Board Express

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayven