Windows Live ID mismatch, how to fix?

Carry on Hurling

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I have a Lumia 800, and was signed in with a Hotmail account. Outlook.com looked attractive and I signed up, thing is I can't remove the hotmail account on the WP 7.5 OS as the primary account. It also woun't let me login via Hotmail. No I can't update applications or download them from Marketplace.

So, is there a way of removing the Hotmail details and using the Outlook.com as the primary, or do I have to rebuild?

Thank you in advance......

Zerveone

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
Your only way is to hard reset your device (restoring it to factory settings) and then signing in with your primary Outlook account.
Remember - doing so clears all data on Your phone (game saves, texts, apps, everything...)

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Remember as well that trying to use the outlook as the primary email for controlling apps will mean you can't download apps, use Xbox gamertag, use Zune, etc. Unless it's a live email that you've upgraded to Outlook in which case you don't need to do anything with your phone.

Neo Nuke

Jan 15, 2012
Visit site
Remember as well that trying to use the outlook as the primary email for controlling apps will mean you can't download apps, use Xbox gamertag, use Zune, etc. Unless it's a live email that you've upgraded to Outlook in which case you don't need to do anything with your phone.
are you sure this is true? i think i remember seing an article on WPCentral on how to migrate your WP to an outlook adress or alias

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss