When I click on the Office tile on my Windows phone, under Documents it shows all the documents I've created on SkyDrive. However, I don't want it to! I want those documents only accessible by me logging on to SkyDrive--not by anyone else who might get their hands on my phone. But I haven't been able to figure out how to delete my Word documents from easy access via the MSOffice tile, that is, how to make sure those documents are not available to open simply by anyone holding my phone. Hope my issue is clear -- basically I want my documents password-protected on SkyDrive and not available at a touch on my phone's screen via the Office tile. How do I make this happen? Thank you.
    10-01-2012 12:57 PM
    What about installing the SkyDrive app? I think you can not stay logged in on that. Use that to look at your Office files. Then, get rid of the Office tile. That will make your documents more obscure, anyway.
    10-01-2012 01:45 PM
    What about installing the SkyDrive app? I think you can not stay logged in on that. Use that to look at your Office files. Then, get rid of the Office tile. That will make your documents more obscure, anyway.
    Yes I do have SkyDrive installed on my phone and I can get my documents that way. If getting rid of Office altogether is the only way to deal with this, ok, I guess I can do that. I don't really want to, however. I'd like for example to be able start a new Word document in Office. But okay if I have to get rid of Office as the only way to keep my SkyDrive documents (which is really screwed up and should be fixed by Windows), I will. Except: there doesn't seem to be a delete or uninstall option for Office. Instructions?
    10-01-2012 02:31 PM
    Yes I do have SkyDrive installed on my phone and I can get my documents that way. If getting rid of Office altogether is the only way to deal with this, ok, I guess I can do that. I don't really want to, however. I'd like for example to be able start a new Word document in Office. But okay if I have to get rid of Office as the only way to keep my SkyDrive documents (which is really screwed up and should be fixed by Windows), I will. Except: there doesn't seem to be a delete or uninstall option for Office. Instructions?
    To clarify: if the only way to keep my SkyDrive documents secure (I omitted the word secure in the last post), ok, I'm willing to get rid of Office. But how? No uninstall option.
    10-01-2012 02:32 PM
    Yes, I don't think you can uninstall it. Try going onto the skydrive website and look for something on password protecting the individual files.

You could remove the Office live tile, for starters. Looking at my phone, I can't see an easy way to do what you're trying to do.

EDIT: Just looked at the skydrive website, and I'm couldn't find a way to password protect your documents.

I would password protect your lock screen, and remove your Office live tile for starters.
    10-01-2012 02:46 PM
    OK so this is absurd. I am forcibly retaining private documents on my phone when I want them only to be accessible via SkyDrive. Unacceptable.

Yes of course my lock screen is password protected, and yes I removed the live tile but Office is still there in the list of apps which means it can be opened and in Word there are my private documents. This truly sucks. And is absurd--removes my volition from how I want to use my phone.
    10-01-2012 02:55 PM
    Hopefully someone chimes in with a solution. I feel safe with my personal documents on my phone because most people don't know how to use Windows Phone. Safety through obscurity.
    10-01-2012 03:09 PM
    Skydrive is a great consumer-level storage system from WindowsLive designed for easy, multi-point (browser-) access of photos, etc., particularly with our limited-storage, portable consumer devices. Browser access means you can permit anyone to access your files regardless of what tools they may be using.

Fearful or cautious users should password-protect their devices to prevent this designed easy access.

If you require advanced security, you should upgrade your tools: for starters, you should be using Microsoft's SharePoint, not Skydrive. You might say that using SkyDrive for storage of sensitive files is absurd.

Note that accessing SkyDrive files is also extremely easy from your desktop.
    10-01-2012 04:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD