Changing the Microsoft Account for purchases.

MathiasVerden

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
Hey, so a few weeks ago my Hotmail broke and I've moved everything I have to a new Microsoft Account, except for my purchases. I've poured a lot of money on the Marketplace, and since Microsoft don't seem to fix my hotmail, I need this to happen.

Is there any way at all to change the Microsoft account bound to purchases? Could I write to any email and tell them what has happened, would it help?

I don't have an endless stream of applications on my phone and even if I was to lose them all, it wouldn't be the end of the world ( but close. ) Any suggestions are very welcome!

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Figure 8 Dash, would this transfer all my SkyDrive documents over to my new account? I am highly considering it given it's only ?6/yr to go to 27GB storage (very reasonable)

MathiasVerden

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
Figure 8 Dash, would this transfer all my SkyDrive documents over to my new account? I am highly considering it given it's only ?6/yr to go to 27GB storage (very reasonable)

I am pretty sure all this does is change the Microsoft Account associated with your purchases and your Zune/Xbox account. It does not affect any other services. Really annoying they haven't allowed this yet.

I have tried doing it on an Xbox, and it seems like it's not 30 days since I changed my email, which ruined my Hotmail :/ I will try within 7-10 days, but should work!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss