Newbie to WP so excuse me if I am missing something obvious here, I searched and didn't find an answer.

I would like to know how to add a weekly event to the calendar for 5 Mondays in a row w/o having to manually enter it 5 times.

As far as I can see I have to go to ea. of the 5 Mondays and type it in. If I tell it to be weekly it adds it for G*D knows how many Mondays so I would have to delete, delete........

Put another way - Is there a way to add a weekly event for a limited or defined range of weeks w/o having to manually type it in ea. week?
    :unsure:
    If there is I am just not finding it and would appreciate a heads up.
    Oh, and if it makes a difference this is on a Lumia 710.
    Last edited by redrotors; 10-04-2012 at 10:20 PM.
    10-04-2012 10:15 PM
    Yeah the trick is use 'Custom" for the 'How Long' field then you can set a start date and end date, and use every Monday in the 'Occurs" field.
    freestaterocker likes this.
    10-05-2012 02:03 AM
    Yeah the trick is use 'Custom" for the 'How Long' field then you can set a start date and end date, and use every Monday in the 'Occurs" field.
    OMG thank you! I've had my HD7 for over a year and I'm still manually entering recurr events like a chump!
    10-05-2012 02:33 AM
    OMG thank you! I've had my HD7 for over a year and I'm still manually entering recurr events like a chump!
    No problem, it's a bit obscure, but once you realize that custom option it opens up some functionality options that aren't obvious otherwise.
    10-05-2012 03:30 AM
    THANK YOU!!

And I'm glad to see I wasn't the only one your response has helped.

freestaterocker, thanks for making me feel a little less like a "chump" ;)

I suspect we aren't the only two who had this ?
    Last edited by redrotors; 10-05-2012 at 03:14 PM.
    10-05-2012 11:50 AM
    Now if they would add "every other", we'd be set.
    10-05-2012 12:07 PM
    Now if they would add "every other", we'd be set.
    Or maybe every X# days? So one could enter 7, 14, 21 or whatever number of days.

Is there a way to do that?
    10-05-2012 12:45 PM
    Or maybe every X# days? So one could enter 7, 14, 21 or whatever number of days.

Is there a way to do that?
    Yeah unfortunately I don't see a way to do those via the phone. You can via the web site calendar though.
    10-05-2012 01:33 PM
    OK, maybe I'm dense but I tried it the way you suggest and I get

"We've encountered a problem The duration of the appointment must be shorterthan how frequently it occurs"

???

All I can get it to do is show up EVERY Sat. forever OR one long 35 day appointment. !?
    Last edited by redrotors; 10-05-2012 at 04:02 PM.
    10-05-2012 03:52 PM
    So, if I'm missing something would someone just dopeslap me and tell me the secret?
    10-06-2012 09:15 AM
    Hmm yeah you're right I see what's happening. The Start and End date is only for the duration of the individual appointments. There needs to be a 'custom' option for the 'Occurs' field to allow for a start and end date of the occurrence. So maybe you can't do it after all, my bad. I had never tried that exact scenario until now and I get the same issue. Hopefully they added some options to the calendar on WP8 and even 7.8.
    redrotors likes this.
    10-07-2012 04:45 PM
    Hmm yeah you're right I see what's happening. The Start and End date is only for the duration of the individual appointments. There needs to be a 'custom' option for the 'Occurs' field to allow for a start and end date of the occurrence. So maybe you can't do it after all, my bad. I had never tried that exact scenario until now and I get the same issue. Hopefully they added some options to the calendar on WP8 and even 7.8.
    I'm sad and happy.

Sad this rather basic scenario can't be accomplished on the calendar.

Happy that it's not just me being super dense.

I actually got that "we've encountered a problem" msg. when I was first fooling around w/the phone months ago so I must have tried that custom option but I thought maybe I missed a trick using it or missed a second custom option. Sadly I didn't.

Thank you very much for giving it a try, appreciate it.
    10-07-2012 05:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD