So everything is on my SkyDrive.

I click on "Pictures" then "albums" "Pictures from SkyDrive"
    Opens up all my albums but they are just gray boxes. Go further into "Cars". All my Folders are gray boxes. Continue until I get to a folder with pictures and I see my thumbnails.

Why doesn't it cycle through on the folder level?

If I use the SkyDrive app it shows like it should, cycling through, not live but one random one.

I want to pin my Pictures tile but as I keep no pictures on my phone it will just cycle through my background that I set. Boring.

If this is a bug, will it get fixed in 7.8?
    10-10-2012 11:06 PM
    So everything is on my SkyDrive.

I click on "Pictures" then "albums" "Pictures from SkyDrive"
    Opens up all my albums but they are just gray boxes. Go further into "Cars". All my Folders are gray boxes. Continue until I get to a folder with pictures and I see my thumbnails.

Why doesn't it cycle through on the folder level?

If I use the SkyDrive app it shows like it should, cycling through, not live but one random one.

I want to pin my Pictures tile but as I keep no pictures on my phone it will just cycle through my background that I set. Boring.

If this is a bug, will it get fixed in 7.8?
    Grey boxes = pics haven't loaded up, might need better internet and longer time to load it all at least once..

If you don't have any pictures on your phone but in SkyDrive album, it might not cycle through, reason being that folder technically isn't on your phone. It is what is in the cloud. You are getting instant view on phone from the cloud. These pics aren't downloaded or saved on your local memory till you actually hit ... and choose "save to phone". To cycle through your pics that are not on phone, but in cloud, it will need to constantly connect to internet and then delete off the cached file in order to not have anything on your phone. That will take up more battery, data connection and RAM.

So, the current model which makes sense, is to cycle through what you have for real on your phone i.e. from your saved and camera roll.

However - another thought I am getting here is if you are confusing "camera roll on skydrive" with "pictures on skydrive".

Pictures on Skydrive is a folder called "Pictures" on your real SkyDrive, if I am not wrong? (for me it is). I see whatever I put under pictures within that folder.
    10-11-2012 07:08 AM
    Thanks
    Last edited by CJ Thunder; 10-10-2016 at 11:24 AM.
    10-11-2012 05:00 PM
    Stupid idea, I deleted it...
    Last edited by CJ Thunder; 10-12-2012 at 07:00 PM.
    10-12-2012 06:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD