How do I send a video message from a HTC HD7 Windows phone?

thed

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
You can do this with WP7, you just have to be running the Tango update (8773). Most people should have access to this update by now, but I guess it depends on your carrier.

ammar555

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
You can do this with WP7, you just have to be running the Tango update (8773). Most people should have access to this update by now, but I guess it depends on your carrier.

I never made an update to this phone; I have HTC T-Mobile with Simple Mobile plan, so will it work ?

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Plug your phone into a PC running the Zune software. If an update is available you will be instructed on what to do. Your OS needs to be 8773 or later. Note, you can only send a video of about 20 seconds in length.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express Pro

ammar555

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
Plug your phone into a PC running the Zune software. If an update is available you will be instructed on what to do. Your OS needs to be 8773 or later. Note, you can only send a video of about 20 seconds in length.

Every time I plug my phone into my PC with Zune software running the update shows up, but I always cancel it ;). I will run the update as soon as I get a chance -- away from home.

The 20 seconds is annoying, but better than nothing. Thanks! :happy:

ImmortalWarrior

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
Every time I plug my phone into my PC with Zune software running the update shows up, but I always cancel it ;). I will run the update as soon as I get a chance -- away from home.

The 20 seconds is annoying, but better than nothing. Thanks! :happy:

This ain't Android son. No need to cancel an update. Updates actually make Windows Phones better. They don't turn them into a laggy, choppy POS.

ammar555

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site

Same problem even after the update!

SnailUK

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
I've sure i was having the same conversation a while ago with Big Supes, and you have to do a factory reset for it to work.

That said, i can't even do picture messages, so maybe i'm wrong.

thed

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
Were you able to find the problem?
I can't remember what 8107 is, but Tango is 8773. So you're not on Tango. You might try plugging in again just to see if it offers you another update. If not, then I guess T-Mo hasn't released the update yet. If not, then there are ways to manually install the update. Check this link:

Can't wait for the Windows Phone Tango update? Download the CAB file now and do it yourself. | wpcentral | Windows Phone News, Forums, and Reviews

You may want to search/ask around on the HD7 forums first to see if anyone on T-Mo has gotten the update, or if there are any issues with it.

power5

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Hey, at least you get updates for your HTC. My Titan is a year newer and still stuck on its original OS version 7720.68. Talk about total BS. At least your kb probably doesnt disappear every few seconds.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Hey, at least you get updates for your HTC. My Titan is a year newer and still stuck on its original OS version 7720.68. Talk about total BS. At least your kb probably doesnt disappear every few seconds.

Manually update your phone or install a custom rom....One way to resolve your issue..

I can't remember what 8107 is, but Tango is 8773. So you're not on Tango. You might try plugging in again just to see if it offers you another update. If not, then I guess T-Mo hasn't released the update yet. If not, then there are ways to manually install the update. Check this link:

Can't wait for the Windows Phone Tango update? Download the CAB file now and do it yourself. | wpcentral | Windows Phone News, Forums, and Reviews

You may want to search/ask around on the HD7 forums first to see if anyone on T-Mo has gotten the update, or if there are any issues with it.

Be carefull with this, make sure you have your correct language files or you could not get any more updates from Zune....

If you have not done this before, spend some time on the XDA thread to see the possable issues so you know what to watch out for. Some people reported not getting newer updates but, I read it and never had an issue...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos