Xbox Music Won?t Be Available On Windows Phone 7.X Devices.

kenzibit

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I don't care how small the market is. Its seriously the same problem with skype after the acquisition. The skype app was available for ALL other platforms even symbian, but not for wp. Do you know how stupid that makes a user feel when their own parent company of their phone does not have an app for your phone? Friends with iphones laughed as they could facetime with other apple users. They laughed even harder when they found out that I did not have a skype app which was owned by MS to message with them. I told them, "Yeah, how about Tango? That is also on iphone, right?"

Back up MS all you want. This is really unacceptable treatment of their core user group. I am thick skinned so do not care about the banter between friends, but some do care about how they are perceived.

If its the same service, its just a GUI update thats needed. Not that its simple, but its not impossible for a very small team of a few engineers.

I love this comment ;-)

socialcarpet

Banned
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
You mean I can't keep my 7.5 phone forever and get every update that ever comes out?

GVNVO.gif

mdameron

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
Android and iOS have competing services, and 100s of millions of users, so it would be stupidity NOT to put xbox music on there.

Theres only a couple of million WP7 users, and Microsoft have figures for just how many users use the current service. If the current number of subscribers is small, then why bother upgrading?

If MS shuns its own users because they are too small of a market...

I'm having a tough time even finishing that statement. That is weapons-grade stupidity.

CJ Thunder

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
"Microsoft tells us that existing Windows Phone and Windows 7 users will be able to continue using the Zune Music service, providing access to the same catalogue of songs as Xbox Music."

I do not understand what all your fuss is about.

I don't want to install Zune on my W8 desktop or Surface. That is my fuss.

Big Supes

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
I honestly don't believe that current 7.5 users won't get XBM. MS have killed off the Zune Facebook page, re-branding it to XBM.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
I honestly don't believe that current 7.5 users won't get XBM. MS have killed off the Zune Facebook page, re-branding it to XBM.

If MS is willing to leave the 400+ million Windows 7 users out then the paltry number of WP7 users won't mean a damn to them.

cre8tivspirit

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
Maybe i've just become jaded, after (nearly) 2 years of WP, but i now accept they are a business, and we are just a tiny subset of a much bigger picture.

Talk all you want about "Core user group", but Skype, xbox music, etc is far bigger than WP. They are both competing with Apple and Google services, which are currently far bigger, and better than Microsoft's offering. Microsoft is fighting an uphill battle with these services (and WP), and are targetting the bigger user group.

Annoying a couple of million WP users is far less of a problem than losing 100s of millions of Android or iOS users to Google or Apple.
Well then why should I bother with the WP phone and not just go straight to Droid or iPhone? It seems that I have a better chance of getting the MS apps that way than wasting money buying a phone with the MS OS and then having to feed from the scraps dropped from the MS table.

mdameron

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
Maybe i've just become jaded, after (nearly) 2 years of WP, but i now accept they are a business, and we are just a tiny subset of a much bigger picture.

Talk all you want about "Core user group", but Skype, xbox music, etc is far bigger than WP. They are both competing with Apple and Google services, which are currently far bigger, and better than Microsoft's offering. Microsoft is fighting an uphill battle with these services (and WP), and are targetting the bigger user group.

Annoying a couple of million WP users is far less of a problem than losing 100s of millions of Android or iOS users to Google or Apple.

A WP7 fan making the case for not developing for our platform.

stephen_az

Banned
Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
Once again another sad story from Microsoft this early morning when I woke up. I'm getting used to this now and really want to ask; WHEN IS MICROSOFT GOING TO MAKE US (LEGACY DEVICE OWNERS) HAPPY FOR CHRIST'S SAKE???????
This is total neglect of our WP7.5/7.X devices and it's really not fun at all. Are they forcing us to upgrade?
Really don't wanna say much to ruin my day because this is what I call "The Curse of an Early Adopter"......I've had enough of Microsoft punishing us early WP adopters and true WP Lovers. Thank you Microsft for serving us better. I now have to prepare myself for MORE BAD NEWS FROM MICROSOFT in the coming months cuz I know there are more to come.
:(
Xbox Music is not available on Windows Phone 7 or Windows 7 | The Verge

It would be nice if you left the all caps profanity off line. Do you stand up at the office, or at school, or in the mall and shout profanities and obscenities?

power5

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Stop being a loyal customer if you don't like the screwing. It's the definition of irrational ****** if you do otherwise.

Sorry, dont have $600 to switch back to iOS right now or take my hard earned money to take a chance with android like I did with WP.

You mean I can't keep my 7.5 phone forever and get every update that ever comes out?

Click to view quoted image

My phone is not even a year old. Shame on me for thinking I should get at least a years worth of updates and support.

gentry33

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
Zune is dead, long live Zune

While that seems beyond crazy, as long as my Zune works I don't care
It is a good thing that Zune on the device or the PC software has not been killed. With a growing number of devices this kind of fragmentation is to be expected. This exists in Android and to a lesser extent iOS even though Apple releases basically the same device year after year.

I do sympathize with those who are not in a position or desiring to upgrade to WP8 but it is the nature of the beast. I am still on 1st gen WP7 device and will probably upgrade to WP8 and as I have only been using Windows7 for less than a year and not set in my ways I going to upgrade the os on my pc as well.

We all know something bigger is afoot here, MS has been working on Surface for at least a couple of years and integration has been a major goal long before the anti-trust suit (some of you may not remember that) crippled development.

I can't fault MS for trying to make something that sells well.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon