Uh oh! Is there a way to get contacts from Exchange to Live on the phone?

Fiann

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
Okay, so I think I screwed up big time. For several years I had a hosted exchange account. I needed it back in my WM5/WM6 days to transfer contacts over but I've needed it less and less since Windows Live provides much of the same functionality. I finally let it lapse thinking that it would fall back to the free exchange account that only allows OTA sync access. Unfortunately that seems not to have happened and I don't think I have access to download my contacts from there now.

My contacts are still on my phone (for now) but obviously I won't be able to resync it with EAS in the future. Is there any way for me to download those contacts from my phone or otherwise transfer them to Windows Live? Or did I screw myself?

fwaits

Mar 9, 2008
Visit site
Hmm the best scenario would be contact the hosted provider and see if they will get you an export of your contacts in a CSV file. You can import that into a Microsoft account. Barring that, I'm not sure of an easy way to get contacts on the phone from another source into an external file or directly over to a MS account.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb