I'm planning to upgrade my PC to Windows 8 and I want to do a clean install.

Can I transfer all of my music and pictures to my Phone, then install them back on my Windows 8 PC without any degrading on quality?
    10-19-2012 01:11 PM
    I have no idea about using your phone as a harddrive as I don't have a WP device yet myself, but you shouldn't lose any quality if you just copy and paste the files. Quality is lost when you open a file, and then save it again and run it through a compression algorithm. For example, every time you open a photo and then save it as a JPG, it gets run through the JPG compression algorithm. If you open a JPG, save it, open the new one, save it, and continue for a while, you will see a huge loss in quality. However, if you copy the original JPG and paste it in a new location, it isn't getting compressed again, just moved.
    10-19-2012 01:19 PM
    You can't use your phone as a hard drive like you can with Android. But if you sync all your music and photos, you'll be able to load them back to your PC without any loss.
    10-19-2012 01:26 PM
    I'd use skydrive, Dropbox or similar myself.

Wouldn't gamble on using my phone, as I think you'd have issues.
    I see, I just had my PC for a short time. I also upload my files to skydrive but I'm wearing of them degrading also.
    I see, doesn't seem like I will have much problems. I'll upload all my pictures and songs to my phone and also skydrive. I want to enjoy Windows 8 in full capacity and not hindered by viruses.

Edit: Jesus, Skydrive is such a mess.
    Last edited by Winterfang; 10-19-2012 at 02:31 PM.
    10-19-2012 01:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD