Problems with the outlook calendar/contacts.

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
When I changed my main account to outlook, everything went smootly except for two things.

My contacts and Calendar, I have both a Outlook version and Hotmail version of both. So when I delete a contact I have to do it twice, when I get a birthday alert I get two, when I put an event I get two. I also have to manually synch the contacts.

Is very annoying, anyway to just kill my hotmail account? (I use it to log in into facebook and other places though)

jonathon.94

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
When I changed my main account to outlook, everything went smootly except for two things.

My contacts and Calendar, I have both a Outlook version and Hotmail version of both. So when I delete a contact I have to do it twice, when I get a birthday alert I get two, when I put an event I get two. I also have to manually synch the contacts.

Is very annoying, anyway to just kill my hotmail account? (I use it to log in into facebook and other places though)

I'm having the same problem but I ONLY have a Outlook account, yet whenever I get a calender alert, it comes up as Outlook and Windows Live.

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
Have you ever heard the term "Cluster (please do not try to beet the curse filter)"?. Synching with WP7 and Outlook has always been described this way to me. Another evolution of the Windows Phone OS and nothing has changed. Please, MS, if I wanted to use Windows Live instead of Outlook, I would.

BRING BACK DIRECT SYNC WITH OUTLOOK FOR THOSE OF US WHO USE OUTLOOK AS OUR ONLY CONTACT, CALENDAR AND TASK MANAGER.:

power5

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Bit lost. I can turn off my sync for all my different accounts if I want and only have sync with outlook. Also, just delete that account from your phone, then it wont sync. I don't think you need that email account on your phone to log into facebook.

fwaits

Mar 9, 2008
Visit site
Just use the Hotmail Conector in Outlook and then you can make your MS account contacts and calendar the main source that is centralized among all the devices. Works great for me.

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
Sorry not trying to get by the curse filter.

Guess direct connect for Outlook is more important to me and for others; I under stand that. Just seems, no matter which method I use, I get multiple entries for contacts and calendars. Best result so far is to use Companion Link. I'll stat with that until something better comes along.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786