Track my phone

Stryfeno1

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
How do you track a WP7 phone if you you have an AOL email when you activated the phone?

I lost my phone but did not have a Microsoft ID. I had an aol email.

Please help

jmshub

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
You log into windowsphone.com. You use your credentials, whatever you you provided to Microsoft when you bought your phone. You can use the phone tracker there.

Sent from my SGH-i917 using Board Express

Old_Cus

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
If you don't have a windows live account I think you're sol. Maybe someone knows if there is another way to do it.......sorry

jmshub

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
If you don't have a windows live account I think you're sol. Maybe someone knows if there is another way to do it.......sorry

My friend created his windows phone account to a yahoo address when he bought his phone. It doesn't HAVE to be a @hotmail/live/outlook.com to work. If op didn't have some credentials registered with Microsoft, he wouldn't even be able to buy apps.

Old_Cus

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
My friend created his windows phone account to a yahoo address when he bought his phone. It doesn't HAVE to be a @hotmail/live/outlook.com to work. If op didn't have some credentials registered with Microsoft, he wouldn't even be able to buy apps.

I didn't say he did. You can set up a Windows Live account using ANY email address but you DO have to have a Windows Live account in order to access Track my Phone. When you first set up your phone you're prompted for it. That's how you tie your phone to the account.

Also no where in the OP did it state he bought apps with his phone.

EDIT: After reading the thread again it seems we are talking about the same thing just using different terms. The OP said he didn't have a microsoft ID. He use ID, I use Windows Live and you use credentials. We're all meaning the same thing and he doesn't have one.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos