Best way to reinstall applications?

MathiasVerden

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
So after a stressful month, Microsoft finally fixed my Hotmail, and I could finally use my Microsoft Account again. I have a lot of apps, and I found the Reinstaller app very helpful, untill it started crashing, again and again. I have Zune, but apparently I can't download apps using it, and it will take forever for me to go through all of my applications on the website.

I also heard Zune was out, so I'm wondering how we'll manage our phones now.

jmshub

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
When I hard reset my phone, I logged into my account on the website, windowsphone.com. That allowed me to see all the apps I had purchased, and resend them automatically to my phone.

Sent from my SGH-i917 using Board Express

JD Miles

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
as jmshub says above, go to your purchase history and all of your apps (free and pd) will be listed. You will have to click on re-install for each one as you go. If it quotes a price just click on install and you will not be charged again. If you have the re-installer app it should go a lot smoother.
in my case I am on my 3rd Focus and it went very well with the re-installer the first time, however on this go round my purchase history has a missing gap of about 4 months and I am still discovering apps I already purchased and could not remember their exact name. Has been quite a hassle. The good news each phone was replaced under warranty and when I do find a forgotten app and I click on install it notes they were already purchased, still not sure why my purchase history list had the missing info, but as I say it remembers they were already purchased when I click on install.

cj-m

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
Yes, it would be nice if there was a utility to allow mass re-installation instead of one at a time. :D

Reinstaller never worked for me, unfortunately.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos