Closing the browser

capers1962

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
I hope this isn't too simple for you, but here goes.

I have a Lumia which uses the native browser.
When I have finished my browsing, I have to keep pressing the 'back' key to scroll back through all the pages I have visited until the browser finally closes - surely this can't be the only way to close the browser fully?
if I press the 'windows' key, it doesn't close the browser it leaves it running and adds it th the 'task manager' list to choose from later .......... come to think of it, nearly everthing does this too.

There must be a quick way to fully close an app? ........... isn't there?!?

Old_Cus

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
Yep. Hit the three little dots at the bottom right and then hit "tabs". Then hit the "x" on the downsized screen and you're done.

CatFoodScience

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
I hope this isn't too simple for you, but here goes.

I have a Lumia which uses the native browser.
When I have finished my browsing, I have to keep pressing the 'back' key to scroll back through all the pages I have visited until the browser finally closes - surely this can't be the only way to close the browser fully?
if I press the 'windows' key, it doesn't close the browser it leaves it running and adds it th the 'task manager' list to choose from later .......... come to think of it, nearly everthing does this too.

There must be a quick way to fully close an app? ........... isn't there?!?
You don't close applications on WP. The list you see when holding the back button is a history of recently used applications. Unlike launching an app from the home screen, it you switch back to an application it should reload the last state it was in.

You can remove applications from the app switcher list by focusing on the app, and double tapping the back button, but it won't save you any battery life.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre