Upon further review, I don't care to get 7.8

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
I mean, unless MS plans to update the Tango OS to something substantial, which they won't, I'll just as well wait on Windows Phone 8 with the all the goodness that supports Apollo and the new chipset. In the meantime, if I get the update notice, I'll get it. But if it doesn't come until late December or even January, the time frame I think it'll arrive, meh. No biggy. I'll have a Windows Phone 8 by then.

checkmate81x

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
OP does make a valid point...unless there is a notification type center in windows 8, i am really considering going android. Watching the review of the one x and the sort of finesse its multitasking works.. it seems like a tough choice to keep with WP and go Lumia 920..specially since I love texting and would want swype/other keyboards, and more customization..like a putting a background on the background of the home screen/slide right area

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Good, good for you. What are you having for breakfast tomorrow? If you don't know now perhaps you could start another thread to fill us in.

I'm trying to start a dialog but I might just do that if I feel like it. Whatever the case, you'll probably still be swinging on my wavos. Its what you do.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
OP does make a valid point...unless there is a notification type center in windows 8, i am really considering going android. Watching the review of the one x and the sort of finesse its multitasking works.. it seems like a tough choice to keep with WP and go Lumia 920..specially since I love texting and would want swype/other keyboards, and more customization..like a putting a background on the background of the home screen/slide right area

I'm not considering android or OSX since I'm fan of Windows 8. I do miss somethings that only run on android and that's swype. My big choice is between the 920 and what HTC is doing. I don't really want a phone that has so much you can modify like you can with android. I found that with all the choices you install and swap around, it makes the phone unstable after a while. Not to mention it becomes an unfinished preoccupation. Leave it as it is and I'm good.

Knight018

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
He wasn't talking about a notification center. He was just saying that he didn't care if he got 7.8 for his phone because he would buy a WP8 probably before he got the update. However, what type of notifications do you want? WP8 has notifications on the lock screen, and live tiles update too of course. Are you looking for more of a slide down notification center like on Android? In my opinion having a background behind the tiles, I think that's what you mean, looks pretty ugly. It makes the screen look cluttered to me.

wamsille

Banned
Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
First off, that comment about breakfast was awesome. Kudos.

Now then. There's a saying that you purchase a device for what it is and can do now. If you buy a phone because it will upgrade to a super awesome, totally rad OS in 9 months you are crazy.

Windows Phone users don't have it as bad as iOS and Android users do. We have one, uniform OS that is managed across multiple devices. However, at some point the OS was going to need retooling so under the hood there were enough changes made to adjust for improved performance and modernize the experience. I also think that's why the OS for legacy devices is numbered 7.8, to remind users that we have capable devices but there is enough between 7.8 and 8.0 to justify the need for two.

How is this any different the the gripes people had with the iPhone and upgrading every year? Oh yeah, Nokia brought out the Lumia in April and they have a replacement for it in NOVEMBER. Nokia and Microsoft will do good by its user base and give use a good reason to keep our 7.x devices.

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site

Excellent off-topic first post! Welcome to WPC!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans