SmartGlass says I'm on a different connection than my Xbox..

Jake_M

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
I don't know how many of you have tried the new SmartGlass update, it's pretty sweet. I can swipe around, press buttons, but it says that I'm on a different connection.

I think I know the issue, being that here on my college campus, "tigernet" is the internet, but my Xbox is plugged in to the ethernet and my phone is obviously WiFi. So maybe the router is different or has some disconnect, not sure. Any thoughts?

Mystictrust

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I don't know how many of you have tried the new SmartGlass update, it's pretty sweet. I can swipe around, press buttons, but it says that I'm on a different connection.

I think I know the issue, being that here on my college campus, "tigernet" is the internet, but my Xbox is plugged in to the ethernet and my phone is obviously WiFi. So maybe the router is different or has some disconnect, not sure. Any thoughts?
Same thing happening to me. I'm not using it from the phone, I've been using it from my PC - but I also get told that my devices are on different networks. My computer is wired, my xbox is wireless - all going through the same router. So it should work, but it doesn't.

Unless you have one of the older xbox consoles without the built-in wifi, try a wireless connection for your xbox onto the same "tigernet" that your phone is on and see if that works.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos