8s vs L800

Ninad jane

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
Hi guys, hoping i'd get help here. I need a new smartphone (obviously a wp). I live in india and there's nothing like carrier subsidy here, we have to buy a phone unlocked, no choice. The most I can spend on a device is $400. I'm confused between lumia 800 and htc 8s (whenever it hits the market). Would it be insanity to buy a 7.x device now? How do the processors for these phones stack against each other? As far as i know, these phones are evenly matched in other aspects (don't care about the camera). I was thinking of waiting for the 7.8 update and then make a decision to see the level of support.. In a real fix. Help!

Last edited:

DBDev

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site
I don't think you should buy a wp7 now when wp8 comes so soon so I should advice you to buy the 8s rather then the 800 :)

iloveamystery

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
I wouldn't get a WP7 phone at this point. The 8S will be way more future proof than the 800, even with Nokia's promise of continuing support. The screen is bigger, and you can get more storage if you buy a large enough SD card. I can't see a reason to go for any WP7 phone unless you just really need one right now.

Ninad jane

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
I wouldn't get a WP7 phone at this point. The 8S will be way more future proof than the 800, even with Nokia's promise of continuing support. The screen is bigger, and you can get more storage if you buy a large enough SD card. I can't see a reason to go for any WP7 phone unless you just really need one right now.

naah, i've waited for 4 months already, I guess I can wait for a couple more... The reception to wp is rather lacklustre here... Lumia 900 was launched a couple of months ago. We don't even know when new wp8 smartphones will be launched here.. But your reply made my choice clearer. Thanks a lot!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3