Windows Live error 86000108

kenzibit

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I get this error when I try to sync my windows live/hotmail on my HD7. This has persisted for 4days now and I'm worried. Any solutions out there?

Landsharkk

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
This might help: Fixing Error 86000108 on Windows 7 Phone

Troubleshooting Email, Calendar and Contact Syncing Errors
Windows Live requires you to have your Hotmail email account synced with your phone in order to enjoy contacts and calendar syncing. If there are problems with your email account, the sync will fail. The best way of dealing with this problem is to disable sync on your Windows Live account, which you can do from the Start screen via Settings > Email & accounts > Windows Live and clearing the Content to synchronise checkbox.

However, while resolving the issue with the error message appearing, this fix won’t clear up the underlying cause. To do this, first of all reverse the steps above to re-enable syncing with your Windows Live account. Next, go to Start and swipe to the Apps list, and open the Hotmail account concerned (you can also open this from your Start screen if you have a shortcut placed there).

What you need to do next is check each of your folders for problems. Do this by viewing each of the folders in turn via the Folders button on the menu at the foot of the screen in your Hotmail account view. Select Show all folders to display a list of all subfolders in this account, and tap each of the folders in turn to view their contents. In each folder where the emails are synced, drag up the menu via the ellipses […] and select Don’t synchronize this folder.

kenzibit

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Tyring all now

UPDATED: OMG, problem still persists after trying all the solutions, I'm double worried now :(

Last edited:

kenzibit

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Finally, got a solution to this problem and wanna share incase anybody goes through frustrating this problem in the future and also incase non of the solutions on the web were of help.

The trick is just go to your outlook.com on a PC, log in and go to edit profile. Click on manage accounts and remove all associated accounts (facebook, twitter, google, linkedin, socl, flikr, etc).
Reconnect all again and BAM!.....all works fine and perfect.

Hope this helps someone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss