Smartglass doesn't work on my Nokia 900

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Other than updating my XBOX software and enabling Smartglass, which I did, and installing Smartglass app on my phone, which I also did, why can't it connect to my Xbox 360? It continues to say it cannot find console. Do I need a paid XBOX LIVE account too? As it is my XBOX is beginning to feel like a throwback to the old AOL days. Where you pay to use the service to get to free stuff you already pay for...like Netflix.

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
U sure ur on the same WiFi network. I didn't see anything about being a gold member to work.

Another thing, make sure the accounts are the same.

I installed the app and everything just worked.

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
U sure ur on the same WiFi network. I didn't see anything about being a gold member to work.

Another thing, make sure the accounts are the same.

I installed the app and everything just worked.

SmartGlass will work even when not on the same WiFi network. It's just limited (E.G. no keyboard on the phone).

ImmortalWarrior

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
The full feature list requires you to be on the same network, wired or wireless, as the XBOX is. Varying levels of network complexity aside, unless they are on different subnets, it will work.

I do not have a gold account and my smartglass works fine. Make sure UPnP is enabled on your primary router. Universal Plug N Play could cause problems, even though common sense would say it wouldn't due to the fact that UPnP is usually through NAT (external<->internal).

One option could be for you to add the switch or the xbox to the DMZ on your router. This would give the xbox free reign on your network.

Outside of those things, I'm not sure what could be wrong.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
I'm on the same network as everything else in my house but this simply won't connect. I have one of the newer XBOX's too and the update really made it look fantastic but the phone can't see it via Smartglass.

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
I don't think you need to be on same network. It doesn't say that on ANY documentations for smart glass.

As long as both the devices are logged in using same Microsoft account it will work. Have you gone to console settings and under connected devices made sure your smartglass options are on?

If they are on, windows phone smart glass picks up Xbox in less than a few seconds and it automatically controls my xbox from there.

justreason

Jun 5, 2012
Visit site
Mine is on the same network.. Worked as soon as I enabled it.. In the settings menu.. Connected devices.. If only I could turn my xbox on from my phone...

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

TheNerdlyKnight

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
Try going your Xbox settings and turning off and back on the Smartglass option, then restart the Smartglass app on your phone. Seems to have worked for a lot of people.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99