Question for Lumia 900 owners: Removable Battery and your experience.

Landsharkk

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
I know the Lumia 900 does not have a removable battery. I'm looking for some feedback from Lumia 900 owners (or owners of any phone that does not have a removable battery such as the iPhone, etc).

Has the inability to remove your smartphone's battery been a hindrance for you? Why/Why not?

Have you ever encountered an issue where your phone locked up/frozen and there was no way to reboot without removing the battery? What's the work-around for a situation like this? Did the reboot button always work no matter what?

These are some concerns of mine before I make a decision on which WP8 device to buy.

Thank you!

socialcarpet

Banned
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
I have a Lumia 900 and I've never had any problems like that. My phone has never locked up or frozen, if it did, there are button combos to reset it I believe.

I think where the non-removable batter becomes an issue is if you're going to keep your phone for more than 2 years. By then the battery will have lost some of it's life, but even in that case, you can still replace the battery if you want, it just takes more tools and patience.

Landsharkk

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
Thank you for the response. I generally keep a smartphone for a full 2 years (contract length). I've noticed before on other smartphones that when you get close to 2 years the batteries start to act funky, making your phone shutoff even after just fully charging it, etc. My fear is that after owning, let's say the lumia 920, for close to full contract the battery will be bad and I'll be forced to find a way to replace the battery.

Right now it's easy, a few $ and I can swap out the battery which helps the phone work like new again.

This is one of my biggest hurdles before making the jump to Nokia.

socialcarpet

Banned
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
Yep, the "non-removeable" batteries CAN be replaced, like I said it just takes tools and a steady hand to do it, or you can take it in to have it done if you want.

larrynj

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
I used to carry 2 batteries with all my phone and a removable battery was a must for me. The 900 was my first phone without it. It has been a non issue. It's simple to have a charger available at home, work, in the car. If you will be away from one of those charging options you can buy a portable charger that isn't much bigger than a battery.

Unlike my android where it was a regular occurrence. I have never had to reset my 900.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo