How to configure birthday calendar on Lumia 900

tetelee

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
I posted one similar question but now I think I should ask a more specific question. My problem is I can't make my calendar on my phone show my contact's birthdays. And in the setting of Calendar program of my phone, there is only option to choose which calendars I want to include, currently it includes these(which I have enabled all of them): MY_NAME's calendar (Windows Live), Calendar(Facebook), Calendar(Outlook), MYGMAILACCOUNT@gmail.com(Google). There is no individual birthday calendar whatsoever.

Somebody pointed me that I should go to outlook.com, which is an upgrade of hotmail(the one that I set on my phone) and enable the birthday calendar. So I go there and here is what confuses me: in the Calendar of outlook.com, I see I have four calendars ticked(which I assume means "enabled"): MY_NAME's calendar, Chinese holidays, birthday calendar and traditional Chinese calendar. The it occurs to me that this MY_NAME's calendar (Windows Live) on my phone probably only means the first one of those four, because they have the same name, and because I don't have for example Chinese holiday showing on my phone either.

But like I mentioned, I did already pick all of the four calendars, how come only the first one is available to be chosen on my phone's calendar setting? I also check the "email+account" setting of my phone, there my account is still called Windows Live and the only content I can choose to syn is "Email". The server of this account is still m.hotmail.com, I hope it doesn't mean this is still the old server and it doesn't support the outlook calendars yet. Because I don't have outlook.com as the type of account.

I am running OS version 7.10.8779.8, I assume it is the latest version because I just updated it yesterday.

Thanks for any help!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786