Paid apps and games ported to WP 8?

WasteSomeTime

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Ok I purchased a bunch of apps and games on my WP 7. Will they be available when I get WP 8? Or would I lose them? I really dont want to loose these apps since I paid more in total then most people would pay for apps.

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my SGH-i677 using Board Express

Vheissu

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
I don't know and this is a really good question, but i would think that you don't have to rebuy them since they literally don't even need to be changed MS has made the WP7 apps just work so one would assume that they are the same app exactly and would recognize that you already purchased it.

futurix

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Ok I purchased a bunch of apps and games on my WP 7. Will they be available when I get WP 8? Or would I lose them? I really dont want to loose these apps since I paid more in total then most people would pay for apps.

You will not lose anything. Very few WP7 apps do not work on WP8 - all of them use native code and Microsoft only gave native code access to a few high-profile developers which are likely to update for WP8 (Skype, Tango, Navigon, Viber).

ncxcstud

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
You won't have to rebuy them. However, when you go to download them again it'll still say 'buy' on the app marketplace screen. Don't fret! Just click on the 'buy' button and it'll tell you that you've already purchased this app before would you like to download it again and you'll click 'yes.'

To 'practice' this just delete one of your paid apps off your phone now and then go download it again.

perbear

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
Does this work even if (when) you factory reset your W7 phone? And what about contacts, calendar and free apps and games?

WasteSomeTime

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
It should since you just get your live account back on your phone. Then just sync your contacts.

Sent from my SGH-i677 using Board Express

Necroscope

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Along the same lines, how do you transfer your text conversations to your new phone? Internet favorites, all that stuff.

When I pre-ordered in the store, the associate told me to bring the phone in when I recieved it and they could 'transfer everything over'. I did not start thinking about what that meant until later.

This is my second smart phone, so I never even thought about how to move my whole ecosystem.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon