Can't Get Picture

mattcald

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
Since yesterday, I get this "Can't get picture. It may be a connection issue (you can try again later)" error message whenever I go to look at a picture in the notifications in the ME tile. I can view them just fine if I open the facebook app. It is happening to my wife as well on her WP7. Anyone else come across this issue before?

Also, just noticed that I get this same error message when I look at screenshots in the marketplace.

Last edited:

ryankgill

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I too am experiencing the same problem displaying pictures in my Me Notifications area.

Curiously, I am not experiencing the problem you are viewing screenshots in the marketplace.

I have deleted and re-added my Facebook account, however this has not helped. I know the connection is good; I am able to do other tasks on the Lumia quite easily.

Not just recent photos are affected. I cannot view any past photos in the notification area either. I hope this issue is resolved quickly.

Jesse Fidler

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Can't get picture

From my hub I can't pull up any pictures my friends post on Facebook either. It pulls up all of their other posts & stuff just not pictures. It just started to happen when Facebook changed their stuff with pictures the other day. My 2 friends got the same phone Samsung Focus S they are all updated. What is going on??? What did facebook mess up? I have Facebook linked by adding it through the email+accounts thingy I have never installed the Facebook app ever and it has always worked fine for a year. I have even deleted the link setup and redone it and synced it. It still won't work right. :mad::confused:

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
I have this issue occasionally as well. I also have this problem with some of my Skydrive videos, it says I can't view them

aubreyq

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
Same problem here with my Focus. This has happened in the past and it's usually a problem on the Microsoft side of things. I believe their servers sync with Facebook servers or something like that. Every now and then they'll have a glitch that will impact the ME notifications.

Nuvolarossa

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
I solved it! Sorry for my bad English. I solved it right now. I have a Nokia Lumia 900. I did it this way: I removed the facebook account from the phone. I turned off the phone. I logged into facebook via the desktop computer, I went into privacy settings, applications, and I removed the app Microsoft. After about 10 minutes, I turned on the phone, I added a facebook account and I have authenticated (always on the phone), I was asked if I wanted to authorize the app on the Microsoft website and facebook if I wanted to make it completely public or only visible to friends, I have chosen and authorized public. So I checked and saw that it worked again and then the message "I'm not getting the picture, it may be a connection problem (you can try again later)
It is your own pictures? It may be a problem with the privacy settings of the owner "does not go out. Now works perfectly. Bye bye

1thunderdan

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Fixed

I removed the facebook account from the phone. I turned off the phone. I logged into facebook via the desktop computer, I went into privacy settings, applications, and I removed the app Microsoft. After about 10 minutes, I turned on the phone, I added a facebook account and I have authenticated (always on the phone), I was asked if I wanted to authorize the app on the Microsoft website and facebook if I wanted to make it completely public or only visible to friends, I have chosen and authorized public. So I checked and saw that it worked again and then the message "I'm not getting the picture, it may be a connection problem (you can try again later)
It is your own pictures? It may be a problem with the privacy settings of the owner "does not go out. Now works perfectly. Bye bye

Nuvolarossa, that fixed it for me too. Thanks!
Didn't need to turn off the phone, just deleted the facebook account from the phone, then removed Microsoft from my facebook application privacy settings, then added the account on my phone again.
Unlike Nuvolarossa, I changed the privacy settings on Facebook to "Friends", not "Public".

Nuvolarossa

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Nuvolarossa, that fixed it for me too. Thanks!
Didn't need to turn off the phone, just deleted the facebook account from the phone, then removed Microsoft from my facebook application privacy settings, then added the account on my phone again.
Unlike Nuvolarossa, I changed the privacy settings on Facebook to "Friends", not "Public".

It is important that you have solved the problem :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans