Help me out please.

jonathon.94

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Hello,
I am currently Banking with Ally Bank. While they are a great bank overall (oh how I love not having such huge fees) they do not have a mobile app for WP and I have been having issues using their mobile site in the sense that it simply does not load and takes me straight to the desktop site.

I'd like to complain on their very active facebook page but before I do, I want to make sure it is not an isolated issue. I am asking some of you to simply go to m.ally.com and tell me if the mobile page loads or if it tries to load the desktop page. This is a simple task that should take less then a minute to do and would help me out a lot.

garrymcd

Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
Hello,
I am currently Banking with Ally Bank. While they are a great bank overall (oh how I love not having such huge fees) they do not have a mobile app for WP and I have been having issues using their mobile site in the sense that it simply does not load and takes me straight to the desktop site.

I'd like to complain on their very active facebook page but before I do, I want to make sure it is not an isolated issue. I am asking some of you to simply go to m.ally.com and tell me if the mobile page loads or if it tries to load the desktop page. This is a simple task that should take less then a minute to do and would help me out a lot.
Just tried it. It starts to load the mobile page, then switches to the desktop page. Sorry, I have no idea why this happens.

brmiller1976

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
Ally is suffering from the same problem many other mobile web companies suffer from. Rather than trusting the browser to say that it's mobile, it's detecting for webkit and then rendering the page as "standard web" for any browser that isn't webkit.

Incidentally, Chrome for Android has the same problem.

Lazy developers are ignoring the browser type and just assuming "webkit = mobile."

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Ok, here's my experience:
HTC TITAN: Directed to m.ally.com - redirected to desktop website
HTC Flyer (Android tab running 3.2 HC so no Chrome): Directed to Online Banking | CDs | Money Market | Savings and Checking | Ally - loaded desktop site. Then loaded m.ally.com - redirected to desktop.
iPod Touch 4th Gen: Directed to Online Banking | CDs | Money Market | Savings and Checking | Ally - redirected to mobile site.

Be interesting to see how BlackBerry performs. Anyone got a BlackBerry smartphone and/or tablet they can test this on?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes