7.8 Release Date

Orlok1138

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Seriously, I read an article saying so far 4 million wp8 devices have been sold. So enough with the greed. Some of us CAN'T get a new phone for quite some time. Supposedly 7.8 has been done, even nokia's version with it's extras since early October. I'm not saying push the update today, but at least throw is a bone with a better ETA then Brazilian tweets or people on forums claiming this or that.(not a negative on forum goers, just saying can't really trust just anybody outside official info by those in the know)

Stephen.B

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I would **** my pants if it came out tomorrow. But the chances of that are slim, my partner got herself a 920! I am left in the dust with my windows 7 device; I am so damn jealous of her ability to reside the tiles. Regardless I do hope it comes soon. It will be a major face lift for the OS. ...I am also hoping that Bill Gates comes here and reads this and says to himself: "...hehe that guy is going to **** his pants if we release it! tehehe...." ---a phone call later to Steve Balmer from Gates (on his windows 9 phone (that we will see next year)) ".. release 7.8!! a guy said he will **** his pants if you do!!" ..... Its 132AM!

Corleones

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
I am also anticipating the release of WP7.8 quite a lot. Although perhaps it won't bring much, the rumors are still quite satisfying, if they result to be correct.

St_Deborah

Oct 17, 2012
Visit site
An AT&T rep told me yesterday to keep checking Zune. She said that some people are already getting the 7.8 update, though there's no official release date as of yet. So I don't know if it's just testing, like the ICS update for SGS2 users or what.
Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

Mark Lavallee

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
It would be nice to get it before the year end, however the latest rumors I heard were early 2013. Even if MS and Nokia finished and gave it to AT&T (and the other carriers) by December, the time it takes the carriers to push an update is simply ridiculous. Hopefully, the "zune hack" method will still work and will force the update. That's how I got 7.5 on my Arrive. =)

AiR DEGETA

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
I think since the release of WP8 I think all update comes from Microsoft. Well I know that they were trying to make that the new norm for device but I am not sure if that is how still are setup now. I really hope it is.

Orlok1138

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
They said 7.8 will bypass carriers. I'm sure they're banking on people getting some for Xmas, so I don't see 7.8 hitting before Xmas.

Ezra Brooks

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Maybe someday soon. I haven't even received tango from at&t on my titan, so im not too confident in them thus far. I've decided simply to have patience. I like my phone running 7.5 just fine, and im not planning on going for an 8 until I see the next wave of devices and/or an update or two happen. Patience will pay off in the end, i am sure!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)