7.8 Release Date

Ezra Brooks

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I've read that if you have missed an update, your phone will go through the updates it doesn't have yet first, then the current update will install. I think the word for this is "cumulative"??

anon(5340442)

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
Got an email from Stephen Elop @ Nokia and it reads:

WP 7.8 is expected to be available early in the New Year on a broad basis, but sometimes individual operators take longer in testing, etc.

So NOT before Christmas :(

anon(5340442)

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
Just got an email from Nokia regarding the 7.8 update on Telus in Canada.
[FONT=Times New Roman,serif][FONT=Tahoma,sans-serif]Hi Mark,[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman,serif][FONT=Tahoma,sans-serif] [/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman,serif][FONT=Tahoma,sans-serif]I checked on the latest with the team regarding timing here. We are in testing at this stage and whilst we do not have a confirmed approval timeline for 7.8 this is in the works and should not be too much longer.[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman,serif][FONT=Tahoma,sans-serif]Regards,[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman,serif][FONT=Tahoma,sans-serif]Matt Rothschild[/FONT][/FONT]

garpen0

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
This is getting ****ing ridiculous. Release it ASAP Microsoft this month or I'm switching to Android. Im having the Lumia 900 and tired of checking up Wpcentral every day. You spit on your customer when you hold it back just because you blame other manufactures are not ready with their 7.8-upgrade and want to release it to every 7.5-WP at the same time.

It's been 2 months since Wp8 was released.

I was going to change back to Windows 8-laptop this year after 3 years with my Macbook Pro but you got until januari. Or else I'm going Apple again with my Macbook and Android on phone.

vormison

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
There are many other reasons to come to WPC other than checking for info on 7.8 ;) Your phone will also notify you when an update is available. Saying that, it is a bit annoying at this point but oh well.

Also, if you are switching to Android if they don't release it this month, why not just get a Windows Phone 8?

lord_farquaad

Jan 5, 2013
Visit site
This is getting ****ing ridiculous. Release it ASAP Microsoft this month or I'm switching to Android. Im having the Lumia 900 and tired of checking up Wpcentral every day. You spit on your customer when you hold it back just because you blame other manufactures are not ready with their 7.8-upgrade and want to release it to every 7.5-WP at the same time.

It's been 2 months since Wp8 was released.

I was going to change back to Windows 8-laptop this year after 3 years with my Macbook Pro but you got until januari. Or else I'm going Apple again with my Macbook and Android on phone.

man, i totally understand your frustation in waiting. i'm eagerly waiting as well, but it's really no reason to go to android cause that os sucks arse. it won't be long, it's not like it's going to change our phones into 820s or 920s, it's just going to look different.

also, definitely change back to windows from macbook cause those things are stupid. other than a nice monitor and good browsing, they are rat for everything else. plus you can download programs that have their browsing gestures. apple is so bad!

just be patient a little longer, it'll be worth it. i do understand where you're coming from. remember, at the end of the day, it is JUST a phone. and if you're going to jump ship and get an android phone, you may as well get a windows phone 8 like an 820 or 920. microsoft just wants people to get impatient and go buy a windows phone 8 device. that's all.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jessiebention