"LG will not be releasing WP 7.8 for the LG E900 Optimus 7"

addman

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
LOL! Why am I not surprised, my Optimus 7 the most neglected of all WP7 phones won't get OEM updated. Screw it! I'll just get a custom ROM when it's out.

BTW! Why wouldn't the Optimus 7 get the update? It's not like it will be an OA update, it'll come through Zune directly from Microsoft right? Maybe we shouldn't make such a big deal of it yet, better wait until all the 7.8 cards are on the table.

Hammered Pizza

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
It's been out 2 years guys. I'm not outraged, it was to be expected. Doubt the Dell Venue Pro will see 7.8 either.

All the more reason to upgrade now.

CoopII

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Thanks that helps a lot for people who still have a year left on Contract and can't just upgrade to a new phone.

CoopII

MrSean490

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
Surprised because AFAIK, LG don't even have to lift a finger for this update. Same for Tango, which I DID get on my E900. They'd only have to do something if they wanted to update the actual firmware of the device which they didn't do when I got Tango.

Again, surprised and not fully believing it just yet.

EDIT: Completely off-topic, but I just realised this forum has a cool feature that defines what an abbreviation means. My "AFAIK" is underlined with its definition showing when you hover over it. Cool!

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
guys don't fret. Microsoft could make this update available if they really want to. Same for Dell. Dells DID get Tango without any intervention from Dell. There is no new firmware to be had from either so this is just an OS update. The question is whether ATT will flip the switch. It is those F-ing bastards EVERYONE needs to be worried about.

marvin sekonde

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
why is lg e900 optimus not going to receive wp 7.8 update. if anything why should i even continue buying any windows phone.it costs alot of money to buy these phones.should i go for an android phone which i do not even like? i feel very stranded.all i want is a windows phone that is able to much up with at least most of the latest improvements . very sad day for me.

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
why is lg e900 optimus not going to receive wp 7.8 update. if anything why should i even continue buying any windows phone.it costs alot of money to buy these phones.should i go for an android phone which i do not even like? i feel very stranded.all i want is a windows phone that is able to much up with at least most of the latest improvements . very sad day for me.

Unless you get a flagship Android phone then your chances of getting the latest update is slim. Furthermore, Microsoft is making the update available for all OEMs, but if LG isn't going to lift a finger then the solution is to stop supporting LG, not Windows Phone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos